1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will the Wicked inherit the Kingdom of God?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JonC, Jun 12, 2022.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    On another thread @Martin Marprelate took exception to my statement that at Judgment the wicked be condemned.

His complaint (one that led him to say that I do not understand Christianity) is that on the day of Judgment the wicked and ungodly will include believers.

My belief is that a man must be born again, or recreated. We must die to the "old man" (which I associate with the "wicked man") and be made alive in Christ.

During this life we struggle with sin, but we have a Mediator in Christ.

My view is once this life is over it is too late. It is appointed man once to die and then the Judgment. So at Judgment if you have not been justified, and are among the wicked, then you will remain condemned.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "judgment" would a child of God, already redeemed and 100% justified before the Father, have to face??

The unrighteous are "condemned already" even before standing before the Great White Throne, but we only face the Bema/rewards Seat.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. This is my point.

On another thread @Martin Marprelate challenged my belief that we (those saved) do not fall into the category of "the wicked" when it comes to Judgment.

His point was made with Paul's words lamenting the struggle with sin, that God will justify the wicked.

But I believe at Judgment there will no longer be any wickedness present in us. I think of it like refining metal in a furnace, the impurities being burned away (probably a flawed analogy, but that's how I see it).

So at Judgment I view the wicked as those who will perish rather than inheriting the kingdom of God.

4. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JonC your understanding is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Judith. Good to hear from ya.