1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will there be sinless people in hell?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So are you saying that babies and young children are condemned because they have not "heard" the word?

Not "believing" is a willful rejection of Christ.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can't wait to see the unbelievable spin now...

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone has Sinned

With the premise of the word that "all have sinned and come short of glory" [Romans 3:23], than we can only assume that sinners will inherit the just reward of their failure to accept God's gift of salvation and be banished to an eternity in Hell. So, the only Biblical/logical answer to this post is that there will be sinners in hell, as well as the fact that there will be sinners in heaven [forgiven sinners, but, sinners nonetheless]

If this answer has already appeared, please accept my apology. I just came upon this post, and didn't take the time to read every thread to this post. This allows me to present a view that is untainted by the more than 19 pages of answers, rebuttals, and sarcasm...

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I have enjoyed this reading this thread. It has been enlightening up until the last page or two.

The important thing is that Christ died for the sins of the whole world and that by accepting that gift one is spared from eternal separation from God.

I think we sometimes lose sight of the wonder of the Gospel and the greatness of our God when we attempt to dissect every syllable and look at everything under a microscope.

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

We calvinists tend to do that.

I heard James White quote John Calvin this week about not speculating past what the bible tells us.

I think that is good advice.

6. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Hi friend,
    Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I would love to discuss Christ with you.
    I hope all is well and God bless!!

7. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Appreciate your kind words and well wishes your way. I also am off and on the "board", as other things also require attention. I did not have time to find zrs6v4 here for post embedded in "more replies below current depth", and the reply was right under my post in answer to mine.
    Amen, without works to obtain salvation, or believing some of our works can unsave us.
    Won't argue your viewpoint here for valid points are made. However some, even Christians, smoke knowing in their heart for them they are not harming their body, for to them it is not sin. Just as too much wine is sin, so to, too many cigarettes can become sin as the body is overloaded. Scientist agree with what the Bible tells us about over indulgence. The Scientist confirms too much wine will have a negative effect on our bodies, as will too many cigarettes. They will also confirm wine has values for our body, as does cigarettes. In ones heart one or both of these are forbidden to the Christian, but to another Christian one or both are acceptable. God leaves it up to us to decide what is right for us.

So I do agree with you that it is a "heart" thing of things we do, and allow. We sin not for the things we allow, where others will label it so for to them it is sin, so their heart would condemn them. Sin is spelled out for us in the Bible, and those are what we must fight against, and not what man thinks of the matter.
    Again must agree, but I have yet to see any Christian without a fault, making them while they live unsteady on their feet. Many in their minds, Yes, for we are quick to justify and say if only you look at the works I have done for His sake, and I do not what I see others doing.

Really don't disagree with what you are saying, other than saying, all we TODAY are to do is "believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and we will be saved." Do we believe? If so it is in our hearts, and in confessing Him all our sins have been forgiven.

8. Daniel1654

Daniel1654 New Member

In matters such as this I like to leave this up to God.
    If you believe that God is just, and I do, that He will be righteous in this matter.
    "some day I will know, even as I am known".
    It is not given to us to know everything because if it were there would be no Baptist Board and we wouldn't get together to share our views.:smilewinkgrin:

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I doubt it because there are no sinless people on earth...

10. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Hi ituttut

I actually tried to post a reply a couple of days ago and when I got ready to submit, I lost my connection. I hope all is well.

I want to first say that in my analogy (Use of tobacco), I was not wanting to imply my thoughts of if it is a sin or not. What I am trying to say is that our actions will show what we truly believe in our hearts.

We all believe things with our mind and accept them as truth but may not believe with our heart. Another illustration of what I am trying to say happened around 50 years ago. Many people believed there would be a nuclear war. Out of those that believed (And the means or ability), some built bomb shelters and some did not. Those that built the shelters believed from their heart that there really was a nuclear war that was going to happen. Those that did not build the shelters, believed with their mind but not from their heart.
    A person's actions always matches their hearts desire.
    I do believe that this is all we have to do. If one truly believes (From their heart, not just their mind) that Jesus is the Son of God, He died on the cross for our sins, Arose from the dead and is coming again, then they will be saved. The reason why is because if they believe from their heart, their actions will match their belief. Their actions will not save them, we are saved by grace thru faith (Believing from the heart), but their actions will make it manifest what their heart desires.

Rom 10: 9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Noah was saved by God's grace. He built the ark because He believed God. This belief was from the heart because his actions matched his belief. If Noah would have believed God but not built the ark, I do not think he would have survived the flood. The building of the ark did not save Noah, his true faith in God caused him to obey God and build the ark.

I see the same thing with people today. Nearly 85-90% (I think) of Americans say they believe in God and profess Christianity. Christ instructed us to be ready for His return. How many are? Those that have been born again are. They believe with their heart and their walk is matching what they say they believe.
    I am a little unclear on this. Are you saying that you believe we can be saved and then without works be unsaved?
    I firmly believe that once saved, always saved. I also firmly believe that once saved, one will reflect it in their works.

I hope you have good day and God bless you and your family.

11. PK

PK New Member

And John Calvin did not do this?
    Did not Calvin speculate that baptism and salvation were joined at the hip?

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I am not sure what John Calvin believed about baptism, nor do I particularly care what he believed about it.

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Whole heartily agree.

A personal note. I have a difficult time finding your posts addressed to me, as your posts are right under another poster??
    Will not quibble here.
    After our salvation we are then talking about rewards, or the loss of same, if we do the works for works sake.
    I like the way my very own Apostle here puts it.
    Such as this you will find in my posts. We are to believe what God tells us in His "dispensations". Noah believed God, and then God required of Noah to do a work, and we are not to attempt to do such a thing. Every one from Abel until after Damascus Road is told to do a work in order to be justified. Coming through faith was not available to those we find mentioned in the book to the Jew (Hebrews - Chapter 11).
    Amen. Each saved believe different things, being free in Christ Jesus, and we do different things, which in the sight of some seem to be at odds with another Christian, or with our denomination. What is sin to one is not sin to another as it is what we will allow God to do in our lives, and not other Christians who wish to impose their behavior on us. Our marching orders are in the Bible, but many will not accept what God tells us.
    Agree I was not too clear on this, as I also believe OSAS. I was endeavoring to cover yours "of mind" Answering zrs6v4 -- ”At age 10, like so many of us, you acknowledged their was a God. You believed with your mind but not with your heart". I find mind only salvation will give way to believing our works can un-save us.

Impressive website you show below, and scanning thru we are close in most areas.