1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Tr:mp present evidence of election fraud at his impeachment trial?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Jan 11, 2021.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By impeaching Tr:mp, will the dems be giving him the opportunity to present evidence of election fraud for the whole world to see?

He will present a defense. I could see him presenting weeks of evidence from every state to prove election fraud and support his statement to the crowd the election was stolen.

He might even demand the Chief Justice issue an order for a forensic analysis of voting machines in every state.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if this rush to impeachment gives Tr:mp the platform he needs to prove election fraud?

peace to you

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he is impeached for inciting an attack on Congress, election fraud is essentially irrelevant.

He has have five dozen lawsuits over the last two months that alleged "evidence," but no court has found anything compelling. Moreover, Trump's attorneys have explicitly stated in court that they are NOT alleging fraud, and then going out into the public forum claiming fraud. There are legal standards for claiming fraud in court, as well as consequences, so they don't dare do that.

The Chief Justice does not act like a traditional judge in a civil or criminal court. The Senate will make those decisions.

If there was actually election fraud, it needs to be exposed. But there's not evidence.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) The Senate may not get it until after Joe says "I Do"
    2) The Senate will never convict

YET!

4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve seen the news report the same mantra that he incited an attack on the capital by falsely claiming the election was stolen... or.... he caused a riot by repeating propaganda of election fraud.

If the articles of impeachment state he made false claims the election was stolen, or words to that effect, then he should be able present evidence in his defense that the statements were not false.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since Trump made a false claim of a fraudulent election, he was banned from Twitter for the rest of his life. It is illegal to claim that the election was fraudulent on the internet so therefore such evidence would be illegal in a Senate trial because it would be reported on the internet. Furthermore, the Dems voted that the election is legal which they would not have done if there was fraud.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What law makes it illegal? and just because, you cannot find the proof - does not make the charge false. AKA - "the perfect crime"

I agree the Congress voted that the Electors vote was legal.
    But can you prove there was no fraud?

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there was fraud, the Dems would have said so.

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a trial. The defendant gets to present evidence to challenge the accusations unless you follow communist, Marxist, or Cardassian trial rules which state you are guilty and the trial proves how wonderful the state is.

peace to you

9. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After Biden/Harris have been inaugurated, the DEMOCRATS will have control of the Senate. Goodbye Moscow Mitch!

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are they removing McConnell from the Senate?

peace to you

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does Pelosi seem gracious to you? I mean I would not want to be married to a thing like that no matter how much money she has. The Masters of the Universe have said the election was honest. The Dems have said the election was honest. Trump would be out of order since John Roberts has ruled the election was honest. Case closed.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there is a trial, and I don't believe there will be, the answer is no.

He won't be allowed.

Don't ever forget, impeachment is a political process, not a judicial one. The majority makes the rules.

13. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. The Dems, and RINOs as well, are trying desperately to make everything about Trump to cover up their deep dark corruption. They will try to prevent anything that would help Trump make his case. Even Turley's "advocacy" against impeachment was backhanded.

The Reps have irreparably harmed whatever cause they had by allowing the Dems and their Media, and especially Big Tech, to take things this far. Part of their problem is that they haven't sufficient media platforms of their own to combat the constant myriad lies and deception spewing from the Left, nor a populace sufficiently wary to suspect them much less discern them.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Trump will make the case at rallies starting maybe before the end if the month. The case is confidential now because now court could hear it.

In order to detract for his crimes against the American people, do you think that Biden will go to war this spring (perhaps in the Middle East)? In my opinion, the Dems in the military industrial complex want a war badly.

2 Samuel 11:1

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is far beyond my ken, but I wouldn't venture to guess if I had any real idea. The ME does seem to be a favorite hot spot. Perhaps they will go where the drugs are best. They may be consulting with the CCP now on the best place to initiate another war. China Joe is at least as corrupt and anti-America as Hillary, and that is saying a ton. Even if not a majority, that there could be so many who support them boggles the mind.

16. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he had it, he would've presented it already instead of inciting insurrection. But he doesn't have any.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Technically, it is a de facto minority government since it is based on lies and tyranny. Bolton and others want a war. For industry, war is a moneymaker. It causes the public to ignore the bad economy so the Democrats want war for political gain. Also, it will make Republicans casualties.

I also think that antifa and blm will continue to riot because Biden’s victory was only on paper and not in reality.

Hard times.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not gone, just demoted. But he is from red state Kentucky and they continue voting him into office. Perhaps his Turing on trump will give them a different prospective on MM.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, war with who?

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There isnt going to be a trial.