1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Will You Be Taking A Vacation this Summer?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 29, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Maybe, depends on money and job

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. I haven't taken a real vacation in__________years [expalin why]

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. No opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'd love to take a vacation, but [explain why - health, money, etc.]

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. The rising cost of fuel, hotels, food, vacation spots prohibit a vacation

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It has been a while since we took a week vacation. Without addressing the right or wrong of it, we are taking a week to tour North and South Dakota in later July. We plan on going to Theodore Roosevelt National Park, the Little Big Horn, Devil's Tower, then the sites in South Dakota, including the Badlands. North Dakota does not have a lot to see, but want to make each state in the lower 48. Has anyone else been to this area?

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fun in the real west!!!

When I lived in Nebraska, I'd attend a nearly two week long seminar in Chadron, NE for a DOJ conference and training course in juvenile related issues. My free time allowed me to visit a lot of those place you mention in our thread, and I will say that if you enjoy them half as much as I did, you will return home knowing you spent your money and time wisely.

Just be careful of "charging buffaloes and random arrows shot by bands of marauding Indians. :smilewinkgrin:

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for the info. That reminds of an episode of the Twilight Zone where three National Guard members in a tank on weekend maneuvers around this area got transported back to to Custer's battle and helped out with the battle. It did no good.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That reminds me....

...of a movie where an aircraft carrier was transported back to Pearl Harbor. Those jets would've sent Japan back home with a tail between their legs....but, the commander of the carrier decided to forgo changing future! Neat thought, but, not the ending I had hoped to see! I remember that Twilight Zone episode, pretty interesting story.

Too bad ol Custer was so impatient. I heard had he waited a couple of days longer, he would have had a unit of gatling guns at his disposal. That would have balanced the odds by quite a bit. But ego played into the hands of Sitting Bull and the Indians got the biggest victory in their war against the white eyes. :thumbs:

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We took a vacation/cruise and Disney World in April. We will do Branson in Oct and SoCal for Christmas. Add in preaching/business trips to SLC, Grand Rapids, Israel and Africa. Some kids coming in 8 days for 3 weeks here in Wyoming (hey, you live in Wyoming where people GO for vacation)

So sadly, NO VACATION this summer for me. :(