1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windows 2000 Professional vs. Windows XP

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Hardsheller, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which of the two Operating Systems is the best?

Windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro?

I think my P4 running Windows XP Home Edition is not as quick as my P3 running Windows 2000 Pro. Am I right? Or am I imagining things?

2. Iakobos

Iakobos Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I prefer Win2K. I run it on my laptop, and we have XP on our desktop at home. I haven't noticed a dramatic performance difference, but I haven't been looking, either. I'm just more comfortable with the Win2K interface.

Here's an interesting article on a comparison between the two: http://archive.infoworld.com/articles/tc/xml/01/10/29/011029tcwinxp.xml

From the article:

3. InHim2002

InHim2002 New Member

i prefer win 2k pro

4. LindaB

LindaB New Member

i skipped windows 2000 altogether and went to xp home from 98..love it. it is very customizable and i can remove features so it runs quicklyi run it on a p4 laptop, frequently using high memory programs like photoshop and flash, it runs very nicely
    i love the easy install new hardware, and the great free plugins
    theres my 3 cents!
    Linda

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use a Mac at home, Windows 2000 at my workstation at the office and XP on other computers at the office.

If I have to do "Windows", I prefer 2000 by a long shot. It seems faster and has fewer bugs than XP.

Although Windows 2000 and XP are supposed to be very difficult to crash, they have both crashed on me numerous times under heavy processor loads (I do lots of graphic art and use Photoshop and layout software all the time).

I have only crashed Mac OS X once in the 22 months I have been using it. It wasn't even under a load, I was only playing a CD. I think it crashed because I had not allowed the UNIX core to do some housekeeping work in the middle of the night for about 6 months straight and it finally slipped some gears. [​IMG]

I've never lost data using Mac OS X -- not even the document I was editing. :D

6. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks to all who responded. You confirmed my thoughts. :D

7. blush

blush New Member

I have 2k pro as well. I get the feeling that XP thinks I am stupid.