1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windows mail help

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Carolina Baptist, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium and using Windows Mail. In the last couple of days my inbox has been emptied several times. I have not emptied it. The messages are not in any other box that I can find. They are just gone.

It seems to happen every time I close the email program. When I open it again the messages are gone.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a solution?

#1 Carolina Baptist, Feb 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yes - use gmail :)

You can keep your Windows mail addy

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are the emails being left on the server and when you close just the titles etc are being dumped but the emails are still on the server? There would be a setting in options for that. If you open email and they return that would be a possibility.

Did you upgrade from xp or something else to Vista, or change email programs?

I'd dig around in options and see if there is some weird setting causing it.

4. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Found It.

Somehow, I had set "Hide Read Messages"

Thanks