1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windows Media Player question

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by A2J, Oct 18, 2007.

1. A2J

A2J New Member

Got a question I'm hoping someone has an answer to. I've searched the net for solutions and haven't seen this particular problem addressed.

I'm running WMP 11, and everything seems tgo be working fine except for one thing; when I click the red X up in the corner to close the player, the player closes but the music continues to play! What's up with that?!? I have to reopen the player, stop the music and then close it out again. And then, the next time I open it up, it's still showing the last thing I played in the "Now Playing" field.

What can I do to fix this? I want everything to stop and close out when I hit the red X. Any and all suggestions, coments and/or solutions will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The music is being buffered. In order to get a smooth sound, Media Player doesn't play directly from your Hard Drive/CD Drive. If it did, the sound would be very choppy. Instead, it sends the music file to a buffer, a portion of memory, and plays it from there. If you just let the music run, it will eventually stop when the buffer is empty.