1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Winning the Title

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Houston won the World series this year

How will their NFL and NBA Teams do this year

and will Houston ever get a NHL team?

or should they settle for another AHL team

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was young, there was a saying, "Cheaters never prosper" but now in the post Christian era we see scoundrels and thugs mistreating truth and thus prospering from the misfortune of others.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Astros winning the World Series was wonderful. Been an Astros fan since August 1963(if I recall the date correctly) when they were the Colt .45s and played in Colt Stadium. I had already ordered a World Series championship and cap within minutes of the final out.

I am not a fan of the other professional teams in Houston(I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan for as long as I can remember).

I was huge fan of the Houston Aeros in the old World Hockey Association after Gordie Howe and his sons, Mark and Marty, joined the team in the 1970s. I would love to see Houston get an NHL franchise and name it the Aeros. I would not be rooting for them as a rule of thumb as I am a Dallas Stars fan. Not sure I would even root for them in the playoffs as it would depend if there was a heated rivalry with the Stars or not.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does your post have to do with the OP?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many people think Houston's Astros won the title of Cheater, especially in LA.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks should read up on the history of rule breaking in Major League Baseball. I seriously doubt that any team has clean hands in the matter. Just back in 2021 we learned that there were probably a vast majority of the pitchers in major league baseball who were using an illegal substance to get a better grip on the ball and thus a higher spin rate. Also, I seriously doubt that the Astros were the only team using technology in an illegal manner back around the 2017 era in MLB. I think the only reason MLB made a big deal about the Astros in 2017 was because they won the World Series and especially deprived the MLB league office of the matchup they would love to have every year in the World Series - the Yankees vs. the Dodgers. Remember, the Dodgers had game 7 at home in the World Series.

I am still highly skeptical that what the Astros did in home games(which they certainly weren't doing in road games) with someone deciphering catcher signals via a TV monitor and then somehow between figuring out what the pitch was going to be and the time the pitch was made, banging on a trash can(which somehow is supposed to be heard from under the stands and over the crowd noise. Ever heard how loud crowd noise is, especially during a playoff game?) and the batter supposedly hearing it while also concentrating on the pitcher and processing all that in time to know if the pitch was going to be a breaking pitch or a fastball. I think the whole scheme was preposterous and highly skeptical it made much of a difference, if any. And, like I said, the Dodgers had game 7 in the World Series at home.