1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Wise or Foolish financial move?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....how's that song go..."Jesus take the wheel"...

#101 JonC, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had a 2.5 hour drive to a meeting today. Wasn't so bad; I slept most of the way.

The fact that I was the driver seemed to bother the other people in the car....

Back to our regularly scheduled thread....

3. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    twice this week I bought a pebble smart watch on Amazon and both times canceled because they were impulse buys.

We Christians are so covetousness and we need to be careful where we have our treasures at, because there our heart lies.

We need to learn to be content with what we have.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

One of the best posts of this entire thread.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is so true. It's hard because we have both sides around us: those who have so much more than us and spend freely and those who have so much less than us and struggle. We need to be extremely wise and understand that our money is the Lord's and as such, we are just stewards and we need to be wise stewards!

I just decided that I was tired of my purse and normally would have gone out to get a new purse but instead, I went to my box of about 8 purses (some as old as 30 years old - good designer ones from when I was working in sales) and picked out a cute summer one I used 2 years ago. I have a "new" purse, my need for something is satisfied and yet I didn't spend a penny. :) Sometimes we need to get creative!

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Flew right seat for a short while years ago with a Captain who used to do this. Drove me nuts. Kept having to wake him up.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As kids, my parents went through the Great Depression. I guess they instilled in me the frugalness of that era. In other words, I'm a tightwad. When I open my wallet moths fly out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.