1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wish List Of Authors

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Rippon, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have borrowed books of some of these authors or read a portion of their material on the internet . But I do not own any books by them presently . Which authors would you like to have on your wish list ?

In no particular order , these are the writers whose best books I would enjoy . I have paged through them , and taken notes , but that doesn't satisfy me as much as actually owning the books and going at the material at my pace . Yes , I have been known to juggle a number of books for months on end . ( What an image that might evoke ! ) .

Alva Mcclain , Alexander Whyte , Alexander Maclaren , William Hendrikensen/Simon J. Kistemaker , I . Howard Marshall , James Ussher , Phillip Shaff , Edmund P. Clowney , Herman Bavinck , Thomas Shreiner , Joel Beeke , Samuel Storms , Michael Haykin , Cornelis P. Venema , Octavius Winslow , William Still , Thomas Goodwin , Richard Longnecker , Tremper Longman , Marcus Loane , Philip Hughes , Ralph P. Martin , Harold W. Hoehner , Graeme Goldsworthy and James Price for starters . I also wish I was 34 again .

BTW , at church last Sunday night I was sitting in a section that I normally do not frequent . An older man was sitting next to me . I said that he looked familiar and asked if we had met before . When he told me his name it dawned on me that I had read one of his books recently . It had his picture on the back cover . His name is George J. Zemek . The book is : "A Biblical Theology Of The Doctrines Of Grace" . It's a fine treatment , and he is a fine gentleman and quite the scholar .