1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

With God all things are possible

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, Mar 24, 2015.

1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

The title of this thread is from Matthew 19:26.....
    “But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”

The reason I chose this as a title, is because this thread is about an “impossible situation”, that Scripture seems to be giving us.
    ------------------------
    The impossible situation that I am referring to, has to do with one of God’s particular instructions to His Church.....

“But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.”
    (1 Corinthians 5:11)

In light of....

“Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from [her] husband committeth adultery.”
    (Luke 16:18)

------------------------
    The context of 1 Corinthians 5:11, calls for the local Church to kick Church members out of its fellowship, who are practicing any of these “6" sins. But following through on just one of them(“a fornicator”), would almost shut down, most Churches today!!

What a dark, Christ rejecting world that we live in; When most “professing” Christians will have to be kicked out of Church, if the Church followed God’s instructions! This is why, we aren’t seeing Revival in our Churches; The whole has become leavened!

“Your glorying [is] not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?” (1 Corinthians 5:6)

2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still...., "With God all things are possible..."

Possible. Maybe; perhaps; might; could happen. Not a guarantee.

For sure, our Lord has the power to do anything He so desires. As reflected in Matthew 19, the rich man had just walked away from Jesus as he wanted to maintain his lifestyle. I get the impression that Jesus said what He said in v 26 out of frustration with His apostles for their questioning, “Who then can be saved?”

In our church we have a couple that have been married for almost 30 years. He dumped his first wife for the second one. It does appear there wasn't any problem being married to the first wife except the honeymoon had ended.

I am aware of two Pastor's that have been married before. One, before he became a Preacher came home one night and found the cops had arrested his wife for running naked in the street.

The second, was married to a woman that absolutely positively decided she wanted nothing to do with his ministry and that decision was final. He remarried. He is still the husband of one wife!.?!.?

Much confusion and rebellion and sin and ego's and back stabbing and gossip and..., and..., and...., going on in today's churches to the point many churches have become their own worst enemies lead by those who consider themselves God's Right Hand Man.

...what a mess.

It also seems to me that we should be attending church so as to "GIVE" rather than to receive. Not many realize it but "tithing" is Worship.

#2 HAMel, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015