1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Witnessing Barber

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by seachaser, Apr 10, 2005.

1. seachaser

seachaser New Member

I have a story I would like to share about a barber that witnessed to me.
    He was an old man that had opened up a little barber shop right across the street from my parents house, next to a convenient store.
    He was a nice old man, I didn't get my hair cut there but I would occasionally talk to him when I walked over to the store. He would try and witness to me but I would brush him off and go my way.
    I was just out of high school and had long bushy hair at the time. One day I decided I would get a crew cut, just shave it all off. So I went to him, I knew he would enjoy this.
    Well he got started cutting my hair, and to my surprise he did not start witnessing to me right away. He had the chair spun around so I could not see in the mirror. I was not paying any attention to the way he was cutting my hair, I was just thinking, hurry up so I can get out of here.
    All of a sudden he spins the chair around so I can see the mirror and to my surprise he has cut exactly half my head. One side long and bushy and the other side buzzed right down to the scalp. Right perfectly down the middle.
    Of course there was nobody in there except me and him.
    Then he said, "I want to tell you about Jesus.
    If you don't want to listen you can leave and I won't charge you anything. Or, you can listen while I finish."
    I heard the gospel that day.
    It was a few years later before I got saved and the old barber had done gone on to be with the Lord. But he had a big impact on the outcome of my life. I don't think a day went by that I didn't think of him.
    Every time I walk in a barber shop now I smile when I get in the chair.
    I thank God for this man. Even though at the time I did not think it was funny.

2. R3Ministry

R3Ministry New Member

Great Story seachaser!

Barbers can be great evangelists because they have people's undivided attention all day.

I pray that I will have some "on fire" barbers in my church!