1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Witnessing for Christ in an age of Pluralism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 17, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets face it pluralism is all around us, especially true in my area. How do you start the conversation with someone and prove that Christ is above all gods and that Jesus is the only way to salvation (John 14:6)? When I open air I usually preach John 14:6 and the verse comes up all the time in my conversations. Perhaps this tract will help start conversations with people.

Contradict

People today do not like to "think" as most would rather just feel and go with the flow on how they were raised in the public anti God school system. The school system of today does not raise people to think, but indoctrinates people that evolution/naturalism is true. So sad so many are deceived by it.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't prove it - that's for the Spirit to do. You proclaim and demonstrate it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's face it. The best thing you could do for the Kingdom is to close your mouth. Join a church. Submit to its authority. Work two jobs if necessary to pay your debts, and reconcile with your wife.

Now there would be a witness.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul faced the same issues when he was preaching Jesus as risen Lord, as the culture of that time had many so called gods they worshiped!

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think we do. If you think about it, the pluralism around us is no less than the pluralism that surrounded the churches of Acts. It stands out to us because in the past the pluralism was not as outward as it is now. I think that we follow the example of the Disciples and preach the gospel, ignoring the other "gods" except when they approach the doors of the Church.

7. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Start the conversation?

With your own conviction that you have FAITH in Christ ~ based on YOUR own decision to TRUST the Word of God is TRUE.

Continue the conversation?

YOUR intent is to SPEAK the Word of God ~ that others may hear and desire to ALSO become acquainted with the Word of God, that they ALSO may come to Trust and Believe and be converted to FAITH in Christ.

Prove Christ?

Not the job of a witness or servant of Christ.

• Like Like x 1
  9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lord willing as I hit the streets this new tract will help start conversations.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s the key. I’ve seen far too many “preaching” on the streets who were just as closed to conversation as those they were trying to reach. The gospel must be communicated. Unfortunately there are too few willing to communicate (both in the church unwilling to witness and on the streets “proclaiming” condemnation on the lost).

I wish you the best, and may God bless your efforts.

• Like Like x 1