1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Witnessing with Youth.

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Steveninetx, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Steveninetx

Steveninetx New Member

My church uses the FAITH program to go out and witness to our community on Wednesday nights. This semester I became a leader for a youth team. I was wondering if anyone else leads youth out to witness. Do you have any struggles on keeping them focused on what their out there to do? This past Wednesday my team got to lead a young man to the Lord. It was an awesome experience and I am hoping that this will uplift their spirits and know that their efforts to witness count.
    [​IMG]

2. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

Steven,

Well, I am a teenager/youth. We have a monthly witness/soulwinning event on a Sunday afternoon. We have pretty good order. We usualy split off into groups of 2/3 with boys and girls seperated. We also make sure there is someone there that is not shy, and will talk at the doors and can lead some one to the Lord. I am usually a "leader" because I love talking (especially about the Lord) and I am not ashamed about it!! I hope this helps some!

Jamie [​IMG]

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Our church uses FAITH and also uses youth. The ones who have remained in it are very focused. But I think it is their maturity level.

4. Steveninetx

Steveninetx New Member

I think your right about the maturity level. We have some great kids in our youth program. In fact, they hold me accountable in so many ways. I guess my issue is that I am the teacher and leader for the 7th graders who have just moved up to the youth ministry from children's ministry. They aren't ready for some of the more mature aspects to the ministry. Just keep praying that the Lord will give me more insight and discernment in this area. Thanks.

Steven