1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Woman behind the Pulpit

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by messina, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Joel 2 and Acts 2 have nothing to do with serving as a pastor/elder.

What makes these women great? It certainly isn't their theology....

Rev. G

2. revjjjones

revjjjones New Member

What makes these women great? It certainly isn't their theology....

Rev. G
    </font>[/QUOTE]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I believe the anointing given to them by God is what makes these women so great. You know, I really need to do more research on this topic because I have heard about this before so now it is time to search the scriptures and see what God really says about the issue.

3. revjjjones

revjjjones New Member

Rev G, what did you mean by it certainly isn't there theology? I am not trying to be funny, I really want to understand what you are trying to say. Also, it seems that as time went by with this discussion, the issue went from one to another. To make things clear, are we discussing women who bring the word of God or women who may be pastors? These are to different discussions. So, can someone please set the record straight.
    Thank you!!!

4. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Fair questions...

This discussion has generally been, I believe, about women as pastors. I may be wrong. That has been a recurring theme on this website.

As far as the theology promoted by the women you mentioned, it is quite horrendous. That these women have a very good ability to communicate is not the issue, for they certainly do have such ability.

Rev. G

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm not a fan of universalism, but I think I know where you're going on this. I don't think the Bible makes a strong case for universalism, but there are good biblical cases for women both being allowed and not allowed to be in the pulpit. Since I see Paul's view of women in the church as I have already stated, I don't see that allowing women to be pastors should be forbidden today.