1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Woman shoots tailgater

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Ive never shot at one......but I can understand her fear, as Ive been followed closely like that. I switched lanes a little abruptly once and got a little close to the guy behind me......had plenty of room - in L.A. it wouldn't have been a problem - but here people are a bit tooky about driving on the freeway. The guy followed right behind me for several miles down country roads until I got to where I was going.....then waited for me to go again. He went ahead and passed me and left, or I would have called the police at that point.

On other occasions I have slowed down drastically......don't know if I'd do that anymore though.

3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I usually move over when I see a faster vehicle coming up behind me. If they are tailgating me and I obviously have no place to go (cars in front and on sides) I usually slow down or drive the same as the cars around me just to tick them off. Tapping the brakes a couple times seems to work too. When they eventually do drive by, waving at them really infuriates them.:laugh:

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

In west Texas they will pull over on the shoulder if you come up behind them. I guess they figure they arent in a hurry and why worry over who gets in front of you. In Florida everyone has the "I cant let anyone get in front of me syndrome". I say let them go buy. Why get tangled up with idiots.

5. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

That aint just West Texas. That's practically everywhere in Texas, except in big cities.

If you're on a little 2 lane highway out in the middle of nowhere, a local is almost certainly going to let you pass by their driving on the shoulder.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I lived in Houston for a year and was stationed in San antone for 6 months. never saw it anywhere even on the outskirts. when I live in Houston I drove to college station quite a bit. Plenty of two lanes between the two. (In 86) I have no clue hwat it looks liek now.

But i saw plenty in west Texas. Of course on I-10 coming across a local is few and far between.

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I usually slow down.

I noticed that you could care less what the law says.

"I usually drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit......" You say.

So....Romans 13 means absolutely nothing to you?

(shaking head........wondering why folks like this have such a problem with the lawlessness in our country when they are part of the problem)

In His service;
    Jim

8. mnw

mnw New Member

I believe a law of ethics comes in here:

If driving too slow can cause the potential for loss of life, then a few miles over the limit is acceptable, perhaps even expected.

Driving through Atlanta, GA or Tampa, FL is like nothing I have ever seen. If you only the speed limit then you will cause a wreck or two. :)

Of course, here in Northern Ireland everyone is so laid back and patient, we don't have such problems...

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I do not believe obeying the speed limit can cause a loss of life. The error is assigned to thos who disobey the law. The laws of the road are designed to protect us. When we disobey them then we are at fault not the people obeying them. We must be careful not to call right wrong and wrong right.

10. mnw

mnw New Member

Normally obeying the speed limit will not endanger you, but there are times when it will.

But I agree with the rest of what you say.

Anyway, we are under grace, not the law. We are to obey the spirit of the law and not the letter of law. :) :thumbs:

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Wow. And what passage of scipture is that found.

12. mnw

mnw New Member

Come on, the :) the smile at the end was a pretty good indication I was joking (mostly).

However, the letter of the law says do not go over 30mph. However, if I have an individual in my car that is in a life threatening situation (stabbed/shot etc) then I am going to drive as fast as I safely can to get them to hospital.

Sometimes one law supercedes another.

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Gotchya.:thumbs:

14. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I handle tailgaters by driving slower and if that doesn't give him/her the hint, I'd stomp on my brakes, and if that doesn't work, I just give him what he wants - the road, and wish him the best,:thumbs:

15. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Yes I am a really bad boy. Does Romans 3:10 mean anything to you?

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I really don't consider them God's ministers who lie through their teeth to us all the time, seek out our liberty, take all we worked for, while they themselves are above all the law.
    I obey what I have to so as to be a good citizen, but some of their laws are not of the Highest power, I will use just one for example, abortion. So we are still left to live according as we believe God teaches us to live. I don't know if they raced camels down through town in those days or not?

17. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Definition:

Fuzz Buster Christians = Those who buy fuzz busters to avoid getting caught breaking the law by intentionally driving faster than the posted speed limit and have put all their sins under the blood of Jesus Christ. :laugh:

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

maybe she just took "Get thee behind me, Satan" a bit too literally...

19. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have sports on the brain....

Whenever I read the thread title, I thought, "Did she just walk up and shoot the guy while he was grilling some bratwurst?"

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The one that gets me is to be driving along say on a 35 mph 4 lane road, with a red light (just changed) say 3 blocks ahead. All of the sudden, someone races past you at 60 mph and slams on breaks. What I love is when it times out just right and the light changes and you never have to slow down leaving them in the dust.

As far as tailgaters, I slow down, hit brakes, or sometimes in the daytime, you can turn on lights and watch them increase the gap out the back mirror.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.