1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in pants

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by bodyofchrist32, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

maybe by your definition, but that wreaks too much of a private interpretation.

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Count me in that number!

Why bother changing the channel because of something inappropiate when all you have to do is NOT let "IT" into your home!:smilewinkgrin:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's great. Here in metro NY? You're still just as likely to get pushed on to the train track, cut off by a speeding motorist and cut in front of in line at the grocery store. I've been out dressed very nicely and not gotten any more recognition of anything than if I go in wearing my breeches and riding boots like I did tonight. :) Actually I was wearing my jeans and sweatshirt a few weeks ago when I picked up 3 40 lb. bags of ice melt and a very nice gentleman came over to help me load them into the car. I didn't have the heart to tell him I just came from the barn where I loaded 1/2 ton of 70 lb. bales of hay in the loft then rode a 1600 lb. horse. LOL

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I plan to eventually get around to posting to a few responses on this thread.

Just "keep your britches on" in the meantime. :D

Ed

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So in the church it is all about you but in the world its all about them?

Gal. 6:10, "So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith."

Jn. 13:35, "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

6. Beth

Beth New Member

Lol

You sound like me, Anne. I purchase ONE dress for Sunday...just got one in the online outlet store at Coldwater Creek. This will be worn only on Sundays, hung up during the week in the spring and summer months...hoping to get six to seven months wear out of a $29.00 dress!

My favorite outfit for cleaning out the coop are my farmer's overalls. I LOVE them. I dig out the chicken shavings every month and deposit them into my compost pile. Anyone who advocates dresses only has clearly never been covered with chicken poo!

Spring gardening in the early spring is really messy here...LOTS of mud, etc....I like to get right into the garden and can frankly look like Charlie Brown's "pigpen" by the end of the afternoon! MUCH more modest to be kneeling and digging in farmer's overalls than a dress, LOL!

Wearing dresses, not wearing dresses, in my opinion, is a liberty issue.

We are to be known for the love we have for one another, not by the dresses we wear.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

A very loud AMEN from this corner. It is sad that so may evidence a lack of love for the brethren by their judgmental, holier-than-thou spirit.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ever notice those who preach such things the loudest are guilty of the same things they preach against.

Romans 2 teaches the same thing.

9. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally agree. It has been my experience that those who focus so much on the outward clothing lack the inward clothing of love and humility and meekness.

10. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speakinga TV...My last then-living living great-GM refused to have a TV in her home, calling it an instrument of the devil.(But she had radios!) her relatives mentioned this to her pastor, who said, "Leave this to me".

One day soon after, he paid GM a visit, and as he was preparing to leave, he said, "Be sure to catch out TV program. I preach a different sermon on it than I preach before the live congregation" GM said she had no TV and why. The pastor explained to her that, same as any other tool such as a knife, or radio, a TV could be used for evil or for good...for instance, many a shut-in who couldn't attend church could still participate in church services thru TV.

Soon, GM had a TV, which greatly added to her enjoyment of her final years on earth.

Oh, yeah...men wore something like dresses or skirts for thousands of years with no prob. Men & women dressed MUCH more-alike in mosta the world than they do now. Why the big hick-hack over womens' pants now? Seemsta me this is just another distraction from the devil attempting to alienate the brethren within the church!

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Maybe he was attracted to your "perfume"?:laugh: (sorry, couldn't resist)

What else do you expect from a majority of heathens in NY? But if you did maintain this godly appearance before them, wouldn't it be easier to win a few?:godisgood:

12. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Even if I've worked in them a few days?:tongue3:

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

How twisted your mind must be.
    No! It's ALL about HIM! at church. Out in the world it's all about getting THEM to HIM!

Yep, at least you have used the Bible.:smilewinkgrin: Since you used Scripture, now explain what your use means?

Yep, and I love all women whether they wear pants or not, but to avoid temptation, I do choose not to stick around very long if they are immodestly dressed.

A modest dress is always more modest than any pants on women.:thumbs:

14. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Opinions 3:8:rolleyes:

So slacks equal immodesty? Once again, that's man's opinion, not God's. If that's your definition of modesty, that's fine for you, but I don't appreciate being labled "immodest" simply because I do not adhere to some silly man-made rule. That is casting judgement on me, and that's God's job, not anybody else's.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm - I GUESS there might be men turned on by that. ;) Certainly not my hubby. What do I get when I walk in the door? "You stink! Take a shower!" :tongue3:

"Godly appearance" meaning "in a shapeless jumper or lose dress", nope. I win people by speaking to them and blessing them whenever I can. I'm sure the elderly woman was more blessed by me helping her out to the car with the groceries yesterday than if I were dressed in a jumper and walked by her.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a few verses down from the passage forbidding a woman to wear "that which pertaineth to a man": is

Deuteronomy 22
    11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.​

I had a pastor friend who had this "no slacks for women" rule in the church he pastored.​

I showed him this verse just 6 verses down verse 5 which he based the rule upon and asked him if he had the ushers check that everyone attending was also wearing non-blended apparel (all wool or all cotton).​

He called me a trouble-maker.​

HankD​

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

HA! You trouble maker you! :tongue3:

My closet is full of blends . . .

18. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Funny thing, they now have mirrors in department stores so a woman can see what a man is looking at when she walks by in a pair of pants.:tongue3:

19. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Nice dodge, but the dress, appropiate dress, would have a greater impact than a woman witnessing in a pair of pants.:thumbsup:

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What a newfangled invention!! They certainly didn't have this when women wore skirts!!!

:BangHead:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.