1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in pants

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by bodyofchrist32, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salamander

Salamander New Member

And he might have been right due to your use of the verse. Now if you had studied the purpose of the disallowing of the mixing of diverse fibers weakening the garment?

Things have changed in garment making, but the moral aspect of pants on women has not.:tongue3:

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Is that spiritually speaking?:tongue3:

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    100% polyester more likely:laugh:

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "researches of modern science have proved that "wool, when combined with linen, increases its power of passing off the electricity from the body. In hot climates, it brings on malignant fevers and exhausts the strength; and when passing off from the body, it meets with the heated air, inflames and excoriates like a blister"" --- Jameison-Faussett-Brown Commentary

#124 Jerome, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
  5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

THAT is so funny!!!!

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

If people would just eat more fried food, and wear cordouroy, we'd have more Christians "on fire for God."

:D

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFLOL! Now that's funny! Nice try, Sal, but no deal.

Actually, mirrors are used to make the space look larger than it is, and classier. If you'd ever been to a Home Interior party, you'd know this is a strategy used in homes, too.

By the way, the 3-way mirrors in the dressing room are so we can see if we look fat in whatever we are trying on.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you went to a church in Scotland and the men showed up wearing their kilts would that be against Deuteronomy 22:5?

If not why not?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander?

HankD

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerome, just what exactly is the point of this citation?

HankD

10. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Um, not true. Women are obsessed with how their backside looks to all who would view. It's a fact of the women in pants life.

Try a little research on "Apple-bottms" and notice their icon.
    You can dance all around the issue all you like, but the ideals of fashion refute everything you have said.

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

[personal attack snipped]

#131 Salamander, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  12. sag38

sag38 Active Member

For someone who is so against women in pants you sure seem to know a lot about the subject. Perhaps you have an unhealthy obsession.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So, as a man, you know that women are obsessed with how their backside looks?? That's interesting.

You've never met THIS woman because, I don't care how my backside looks. That's because I have no backside - so I don't really care what it looks like. Skirts - pants - my riding breeches - they all look the same. I'm certainly not obsessed with it at all.

Apple-bottms - I've never heard of them. I'm wearing Lee jeans right now - the kind with the tummy control. It does nothing for my rear but it certainly helps this post 4 pregnancy and 4 c-section belly. :D

14. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, but I work at a police department, out of the public eye, and everybody already thinks I am so different - stick-in-the-mud on dirty jokes and such (my testimony) so I would really be considered some kind of freak if I wore a dress while all the other ladies wear jeans and tee shirts to work in dispatch.

15. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to disclaimer this message.....I don't frown on the ladies that wear pants to church. I choose not to, based on my own growth and convictions.

But....if you felt it was ok, would you wear a swimsuit to church?

Food for thought.....

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Yeah, even if you've worked in them for a few days.

I really have absolutely no interest or desire in seeing you or anyone else on the BB without britches, coveralls, a robe, tunic, toga, a dress or something somewhat remotely comparable to cover the nakedness. :rolleyes:

Ed

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Frankly, I'm pretty sure the members of the local Amish group in my area have less impact, in what I would consider a positive manner, than do some female members of my own church who may be wearing a pants-suit or slacks, as a portion of their attire.

I have yet to meet the first individual, in my area, who says they were 'impacted' to listen to a gospel presentation, based on whether some female was wearing a dress or 'pants' from our church. I do know of a few who were positively 'impacted' when some of our church members have showed up, in our area, with food, chain-saws and trucks, including some women in pants, after the recent ice storm and with bringing hot meals to those who were yet without electricity, and the men cleaning up the fallen limbs from trees.

There has also been a positive "impact" when we have put together 'disaster relief teams' that have already made several trips to the Greater new Orleans area and others, after natural disasters, such as Hurricane Katrina.

Likewise, some are positively 'impacted' when some of our members put together the 'backpacks' for a ministry to the students of some of the less advantaged and/or less fortunate families in our local school, which is done on a weekly basis. (BTW, the school gives the names of who may need these, and also passes them out, not just our church members.)

I have yet to hear of the first individual who actually questioned the attire of any on any of these crews.

Ed

18. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Perhaps you have just tried to slander my person.

I "know" so much about this subject because it is a "hot-topic" in the IFB realm and needs addressing.

One of my preacher friends has this remark to those preachers who DON'T deal with the subject, "They like it, that's why!"

I wonder, do you "fit" into the catagory of "women in pants likers"?

19. Salamander

Salamander New Member

there was no personal attack [snipped]

#139 Salamander, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

OK, so [personal attack snipped]

#140 Salamander, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.