1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in position of authority !

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bruren777, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Mercury

Mercury New Member

I agree. Leadership, according to the Bible, is not about being mean, tough, and ignoring compassion. It sounds like women would be better leaders if they didn't try to act like men. Perhaps what it takes to be a leader wouldn't be so unbiblical if we had more women (acting as women) in leadership!

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

hey, thats good. [​IMG]

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't see it as the same thing. The women on the BB acting as administrators are not, imo, being leaders.

Also, I am not arguing women should not have any authority out in the world -- I am playing devil's advocate. :D (Moderators, we need a little devil icon).

I am not convinced either way, but I tend to think God made men and women differently for a reason.

I see your point but I still don't think it comes naturally to women to be leaders in this world that we have now.