1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Women pastors or deacons? Can we attempt to clarify the issue?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 28, 2013.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but neither did he make a Gentile. It was an accommodation for the time and place, not a pattern to followed for all time. From the time of Christ throughout the rest of the New Testament we see the role of women expanding out of the male only Jewish beginnings.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO NT verses support a female on the role of a pastor, nor were their any of the times of the scriptures setting, so ANY attempting to support the concept of a female pastor ordained in a church will be arguing from NOT the Bible, but from what comtemporary culture sees as being the role of women in the ministry!

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's one way to look at it

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be true tio the text of the Bible, that would be the ONLY way to view it!

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't have the corner on correct. There was once a time when I thought and preached lots of things about the bible that I wouldn't today.