1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WOMEN PREACHERS

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother James, Mar 9, 2006.

1. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Now, where did you get his inference? I never even thought of this but I’ll talk with my wife and see what she thinks about calling me Lord Paidagogos. It does have a rather nice ring to it.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hey Charles! I talked with the little lady about it and she was a real sweetheart. Lady Paidagogos said that she didn’t mind at all calling me Lord Paidagogos. Now, wasn’t that sweet? What do you think about that? What does your wife call you?
    :D

2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I entered my number into my wife's cell phone as "lord" once. It didn't last long, but she new right away who was calling! [​IMG]

She's also called me a few things that I can only assume carry the same or similar connotation... ;)

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Now, where did you get his inference? I never even thought of this but I’ll talk with my wife and see what she thinks about calling me Lord Paidagogos. It does have a rather nice ring to it. </font>[/QUOTE]Hey Charles! I talked with the little lady about it and she was a real sweetheart. Lady Paidagogos said that she didn’t mind at all calling me Lord Paidagogos. Now, wasn’t that sweet? What do you think about that? What does your wife call you?
    :D
    </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As to the last three questions:
    In order: I think that is sweet.;
    I think that is wonderful [​IMG] :rolleyes: .;
    "I respecfully decline to comment on the grounds that I might tend to incrimina..."

Ed

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

After 14 pages, I have a legitimate question. If we did not attempt to confuse and combine the gift of "Pastor/teacher" from Scripture with the "office" of "Bishop" or "elder", would this question even arise?
    There are no "qualifications", as far as I can tell, for receiving the spiritual gifts by the Holy Spirit, save His will. The 'gift' may or may not be publicly 'confirmed', as was in the case of Timothy, but was not 'given' then.
    The 'offices' are another matter. They have 'qualifications' attached to them. Ergo, you don't meet these qualifications; you don't have Biblical warrant to hold the office.

One of the requirements, Biblically for the office of 'elder', as well as the office of 'deacon', is to be "The husband of one wife". I submit that would eliminate the husband of no wife; the husband of two wives; the husband of three wives, etc. Regardless of how many other 'qualifications' of the lists one might meet, I do not think such a one is qualified, if they don't meet this one. Nor do I think that one who does not meet any other qualification is any more qualified, than one who happens to be married, but 'misses the mark' in another area.

And unless one is traveling down a road, that I don't think any here are (And I KNOW I ain't going there), we certainly are not talking about any women meeting the 'one wife' bit.

Leave "Ordination" to the office of Elders and Deacons, and "Poof!", the problem vanishes like magic!

In His grace,

Ed