1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women's Hair

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by TWade, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LONG:
    1 a : extending for a considerable distance b : having greater length than usual c : having greater height than usual : TALL d : having a greater length than breadth

considerable: 1 : worth consideration : SIGNIFICANT
    2 : large in extent or degree

SHORT: 1 a : having little length b : not tall or high
    little: 1 : not big: as a : small in size or extent

There. Problem solved. Barring uncontrollable situation, women grow your hair, men cut yours.
    Ok? [​IMG]
    Gina

2. Daughter

Daughter New Member

What about hair width? My afro isn't very long but it sure is wide :D

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Exactly Daughter! To read some replies, you'd think God doesn't consider black women godly because they cannot sit on their hair!

Diane

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LOL! Well, that should fulfill "large in extent"!
    Gina

5. TWade

TWade New Member

Long or short, same for everyone. Women with an afro should wear it long, men with an afro should wear it short. Simple stuff, folks.

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well my hair is short on the sides and in back and hubby braided it today into dredlockes (spelling???) as a joke. He says it's long enough.

Diane

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Diane [​IMG]
    BTW, you didn't braid his to see if his hair was short enough? [​IMG]

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

what is a considerable distance?
    what is the usual that it is greater length then?
    worth consideration on whose opinion?
    who decides significant length?
    who decides little length?

Sounds like a big hair doo, tease the hair to stand up, get the most height, lots of hair spray to hold it there. Kind of that 80's thing everyone seemed to be doing.

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

You'll have to go ask the dictionary Donna. [​IMG]

I think common sense is in order, whatever one decides. Long hair in most everyone's opinion is NOT hair that is above your ears, or shaved, and short hair isn't hair down to your shoulders. If one really has to stop and try to figure out if there hair is truly short or long than it probably isn't enough of either or.
    Liberty doesn't mean figuring exactly how far one can push the limits and still be ok.
    Gina

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Lets see if common sence tells me long hair is down my back, then the same common sence has to tell me anything less then that is short.
    All in all what your saying is personal opinon. Is that right. My own common sence tells me one length is long and your common sence tells you another length is long.
    It has nothing to do with pushing limits. It has to do with putting people down because one does not agree with their hair length.
    And since hair on the shoulders in not short, then I must have long hair. Now I guess we know what is considered long, anything that is not short, and vice versa.
    Boy what a releif.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Cute. You must have a lot more common sense than most! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Gina

12. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

I can only tell you about my wife's hair!

She buys so much shampoo and conditioner - then never quite uses all that she buys - that I don't often have to buy any of my own - cause I just use up what she don't use!

Confused?

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

With 3 daughters in the house, shampoo around here doesn't last long!
    We all just got haircuts though, and I was amazed to see a bottle of shampoo I bought THREE DAYS AGO still HALF FULL!
    Gina

14. TWade

TWade New Member

I didn't realize they made so many different kinds of shampoo! I pick up two or three bottles in the shower before I find one that just says "shampoo." [​IMG]

15. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

Speaking of shampoo,

My husband uses the downstairs shower, so he has his own manly smelling shampoo.

In the upstairs shower is:

1. My shampoo and conditioner for my "naturally" dyed black hair.
    2. My 13 yr. old daughter's shampoo and conditioner to help bring out her natural blonde.
    3. My 9 yr. old son's Loreal for kids 2-in-1 shampoo.

16. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

I think women should go back to wearing hats.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

We use differnt shampoos too. My husband has his, my sona nd I use neutragina for dandruff,I use strawberry conditioner, and my other son uses bluesberry shampoo and conditioner. We also use different soaps, I use dove for dry skin. I think we need a second bathroom.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Since there' no biblical support for this as mandatory, there's no biblical requirement for women to wear hats.
    But, I must admit, my girlfriend looks quite cute in an Ahaneim Angels cap!!!

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If one is going to be a bible literalist, did Jesus not say that if part of your body offends you, to cut it off? Long hair can be very cumbersome, and maintenance of the same can take resources away from other aspects of your life. It appears that Jesus has no problem with a woman cutting her hair if it's a hinderence to her.

20. Karen

Karen Active Member

Since there' no biblical support for this as mandatory, there's no biblical requirement........</font>[/QUOTE]Men often look good in hats. [​IMG] My grandfather had a number of neat-looking fedoras and panamas. My husband sometimes wears Scottish or Irish-style tweed caps ala John Wayne in the movie set in Ireland.

Karen