1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Womens Role in Church

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Joe, Sep 12, 2007.

?
  1. I am a Male- 0 Points

25 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. I am a Female- 0 Points

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Women are to be silent in church- 5 Points

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Women are not to teach over men- 1 Point

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  5. Women are not to lead Music over men- 2 Points

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Women are not to be Pastors- 1 Point

32 vote(s)
    82.1%
  7. Women are not to wear pants- 4 Points

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  8. Women are not to wear make up- 4 Points

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Women are not to wear their hair short- 4 Points

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. Women are not to wear form fitting clothing- 2 Points

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe New Member

Bro Williams I visited your website, the one you spend a lot of time promoting on the BB.
    I AM SHOCKED AND SADDENED :tear:

What you are involved in is not a Baptist Church, but a Cult comparable to Warren Jeffs. If you view and practice in this manner, you are abusing your wife and kids. I am concerned by your posts, especially the post that got removed, that you physically abuse your children as well.

On the front page of your churches website, it has a link to an audio sermon called Foolish Women Speaketh.
    http://www.battlefieldbaptistchurch.com/Foolish Women Speaketh.mp3

I hope everyone will join me in adding you and your family to our prayers. Also, the "Baptist" Church members could use all the prayers we can offer.

Here are a few excerpts-The words of the Pastor

"I don't think I have ever met a woman who has been consistently in submission of their man"

"Women when you do this, you are nothing more than a vile wretch of a sinner at best"

"I am just trying to help you out women, you are so easily deceived it's pitiful"

"Women will not witness because there is no carnal gain. What a carnal woman wants today is Power, Supremacy, and authority over a man"

"You are to keep your mouth shut and learn in subjection"

"1% of the Bible was written for women which causes 99% of the problems in church"

#21 Joe, Sep 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2007
  2. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Oh boo hoo. Get over it and yourself.

Original. And I had my own posts removed, braniac. Way to not know what you are talking about. What is when someone starts whining they typically proceed to falsely accusing the brethren? Shame shame.

Hey, Thanks for the link! Great sermon!

Thank you. That may be the first sensible thing you have posted on the BB.

Hey, those are some neat quotes. Now, I expect anyone else that intends to use those against us to do as Joe did, and hear them for yourselves and hear them in context. Note, it is not for the faint of heart, for those who do not hold God's words as final authority, or for Joe.

BTW, Joe, my original post was sarcasm... which most don't catch onto I understand. Although... right now my wife is pregnant (7 days left till delivery), and she is sleeping... so she's barefoot as well...

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

#22 Bro. Williams, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  3. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Boy, I must of been feeling my oats that day. I couldn't find that quote, what thread was that on?

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I listened to it.

In or out of context, those quotes are offensive. I won't into detail as to why....I would probably just be wasting my breath. And I've wasted too much time on the board as it is.

I'll just leave you with this example.

"1% of the bible was written to or about women...."

That's odd, I thought 100% of the bible was written to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.