1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wonderful Web Site......

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lace, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Lace

Lace Guest

web page
    I invite you to check out this web site....You won't likely regret your visit. Brother Ed Ballew will be glad you stopped by. Please sign the guest book. You will be an encouragement to him.

He's been a faithful man of God for a long time.

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Thanks for the link Lace. We went to hear Bro. Ed about 25 years ago. He preached a message on what the numbers of the Bible mean. I will never forget that sermon! He is truly a man of God.

Blessings,
    Sue

3. Lace

Lace Guest

Sue....you are so right! Brother Ed is such a memorable man....and a faithful man of God and his messages are always faithful to God's Word. I fear he is a dying breed.

I figured there would be some folks who know and love him around here.....

There are several of the messages he preached available on Real Audio on his site.

Thanks for your note......and your cordial reply on the "Fundamentalist" thread.....I didn't dig around in the past pages so wasn't aware it was so repetative. It appears some folks around here are calling themselves fundamentalists but don't really know what one is. Yours was a sweet reply [​IMG] I appreciate your style. [​IMG] You really know how to make a person feel welcome. Thank you.

In Christ
    Lace

4. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Isn't he somehow related to Stinnett Ballew? I enjoy hearing him preach as well! They are both very gifted men of God!

Actually, after visiting his site and clicking on links, I found this: Harvest Time Broadcast, so there must be some connection.

Julia

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Fom his beliefs section:

I BELIEVE Jesus died for MY sins, and the sins of the whole world. I believe in whosoever will. I do not believe that some are predestined for heaven and some for hell. I am not one of John Calvin's boys in any way, shape form or fashion and never will be. (Rev. 22:17)

So the sins of all are paid for then, if He died for all.

I BELIEVE in the imminent return of Christ for his Church (the BRIDE) and that it will be soon. (Tit. 2:13

So did those in Jesus's day. And they were right.

I BELIEVE when CHRIST comes for his church, (the band of baptized believers) he will not leave one single one of his sheep behind. (1Thess. 4:16,18)

Baptized believers only? Sounds Church of Christ to me.

I BELIEVE in the divine verbal PLENARY inspired word (KJV 1611) it is infallible, I do not believe there is one single mistake in his word (Psa. 119:160) I also believe that God has preserved his word down through the generations. (Ps. 12:6,7)

KJVO. I coulda guessed. I had my fill of preachers like this growing up. Thank God for Grace, and those who preach it. We need fewer Jack Hyles wanna bes.

6. Baptist Bible Believer

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." (Matt. 12:36-37)

7. Y'Israel

Y'Israel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahh...Grasshopper...

might want to read the title of this forum...

Fundamental Baptist Forum...

might be you are in the wrong forum?...

maybe on the wrong MB?...

remember what happened to the little children...who taunted the Holy man...?

Bear got 'em...

[ April 29, 2003, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Y'Israel ]

8. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Grasshopper as I have said before when a person is brave enough to give the rest of us a look at one of their favorite preachers they must be ready to accept criticism. At the same time we should always be cival in our responces. I don't like your play on words with the comment about Jesus paying for the sins of everyone, I trust that you do realize that indeed Jesus did die for the sins of the world but not everyone will have that payment applied to their sin debt. I am also very curious about those in Jesus day being right about His imminent return, please explain your view on this as I am curious.
    Murph

9. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Grasshopper is welcome as long as he plays nice [​IMG]

Maybe I am wrong but I thought it was bears that attacked those who ridiculed Elisha.

Murph

10. Lace

Lace Guest

Grasshopper.....

To know Brother Ed Ballew is to love him.....unless you have no love in your heart. He is the man who showed me who Jesus REALLY is....he is the man who dispelled my belief God was some angry control freak with a big stick waiting to zap the next person who defied him.

But Brother Ed would be kind to you. That's just the kind of man he is....very Christ-like.

Brother Ed made many Pharisees angry with him over the years.he doesn't like to see people beat up in the name of Jesus.

CS MURPHY you are correct....it was Elisha and the she-bears who ate the children who made fun of Elisha's bald head.........I was telling my little grandson and his two friends that very story tonight.......I don't think they believed such a story could REALLY be in God's Word.....but we know that it is. One of my favorite to mull around.......a very queer story.

Thank those of you who have dropped in to see Brother Ed......and Grasshopper....I forgive you.

[ April 30, 2003, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: C.S. Murphy ]

11. Y'Israel

Y'Israel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you are absolutely right...it was bears...

I will correct my post...

Thank you...

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is sad that pointing out the unbiblical position of this 'favorite' preacher is condemned.

Instead, it should be looked at carefully, for the doctrine that a man believes will be reflected in his preaching and teaching.

And it is really sad that people who REJECT the basic historic fundamental of the faith on the inspired Word of God and REPLACE it with the vile man-made "doctrine" of KJVonly.

They are not "fundamentalists" and anyone visiting the recommended site should be fore-warned that it is NOT fundamental.

I shan't be visiting it, personally, but each of us must select for himself what sites we visit.

13. Lace

Lace Guest

Hmmmmm

Bro. Bob

Did Brother Ed's "Here Come the Pharisees" message step on your toes and make you mad?

You obviously don't know the man. With the quick JUDGEMENT you made of me I can be certain of that.

Surely the posters here are capable of drawing their own conclusions...

If not....it's their loss....Brother Ed is a humble, gracious man of God. His website Glorifies our Saviour. Fundamentally.

14. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I did not condemn this, atleast this was not my intent. I feel my stance is reasonable. When a person shares with us their favorite preacher they must be prepared to accept criticism. There are even a few people who don't like my preaching [​IMG] At the same time those who criticize should do so with grace. Pointing out biblical error is fundamental IMO.

Murph

15. KeeperOfMyHome

Did you miss this part then, Grasshopper?

I BELIEVE that every soul that has trusted the work of Christ on the cross will never, ever, be lost again. (John 10:28 - John 3:16) Jesus is able to save and to keep.

Trust me! I grew up in the Church of Christ/Christian Church . . . . and there is NOTHING CoC about this man's beliefs!

Julia

16. KeeperOfMyHome

I'm really confused Doc . . . what makes Dr. Ed and this site "NOT fundamental"?? I'd appreciate an explanation.

Julia

17. Lace

Lace Guest

It is possible more than one conclusion has been jumped to here.

It is no secret that when someone is doing something for the Lord Jesus there will be attack on the work....and them.

Lace

18. Lace

Lace Guest

[ May 02, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Lace ]

19. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Lace, liberals use that same line. :rolleyes:

20. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I don't have to know the Pope to know he is a false teacher do I? We can examine a person's beliefs and reject them without ever meeting a person. His personality has ZERO weight on his theology.