1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wondering Why?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Wes Outwest, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Man only does what is in man's heart! If that heart has evil man does evil. God then casts away evil men.

That's what I said before but with slightly different words. The meaning is the same, the result is the same.

2. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

rc,

You said,
    Truth has a way, sometimes, of making people angry. I recall Jesus saying, Whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause . . . . and shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of Hell fire.’ [Matthew 5:22]

Like I said, if God is the Author of sin then according to your twisted theology, God and Satan are associates and allies in a world perpetrating the same crime in or on human society.

3. rc

rc New Member

Wes,
    Quote:
    Man only does what is in man's heart! If that heart has evil man does evil.

Now your sounding like a Calvinist!
    To finish you thought, ALL MEN are NOTHING BUT EVIL. That's why God HAS to be the AUTHOUR of our faith, don't you see? A man who has nothing but evil in his heart will NEVER choose Him!

Think about it...THE HEART IS THE SOURCE of your free will. And the heart will DETERMINE what you CHOOSE freely!

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. But there are some of you who do not believe ... And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father." ( John 6:63-65) [note: "the phrase "come to Me" is a synonym for "faith" or "believe"]

"Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. "[note: a person produces fruit in accord with his nature] (Matt 7:16-18)

" Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad.You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. " (Matt 12:33- 35)

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin Or the leopard his spots? Then you also can do good Who are accustomed to doing evil." (Jeremiah 13:23)

"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. My sheep hear My voice, and know them, and they follow Me." (John 10:26-27)

34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin..."If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did. As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41You are doing the things your own father does...44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? 47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." John 8:34-47

In other words, water does not rise above its source.

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

YOU cannot finish my thought with your words! Those are not my words so that is not my thought! I really do not appreciate you attributing your thoughts to me!

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

And what causes the heart to change? FAITH COMETH BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD. Faith in God, which is what man lacks, is what changes man's heart! It is the object of our faith to which we conform our behaviour. For example, if we have faith in money, our behavior becomes money oriented. If we have faith in industry our behavior becomes industry oriented, but if we have faith in God, our behavior becomes pleasing to God. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you.

If you have no faith in God, you are not going to do what pleases God. However, He gave us his word, the hearing of which brings us to faith in God, which pleases God. Our hearts are changed by the word of God! The spirit of God is conveyed to us through his word! When we take his word to heart we take the spirit of God to heart and we change our behavior to conform to the spirit of God! That doesn't mean that we become sinless, but it does mean that we know and understand our relationship to God who, if we confess our sins, is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

6. rc

rc New Member

Wes, you can't take an imperative and make it an inductive! Your doing it again... Faith does come by the Word of God BUT That faith is CHOSEN by YOU AFTER the heart is CHANGED.. That is the whole point of what you said earlier and what ALL those verses say... DECIDING to have faith in God and repenting is a GOOD thing right? A rightious thing? Your heart can't even CONCEIVE of that being good or desiring UNTIL the HEART is changed by God !

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Faith begins with believing and builds thereupon!

Every human who ever lived has faith in something or someone. God wants man to have faith in Him, so HE made FAITH in Him the only thing that man can possess that impresses Him enough for Him to save the man possessing it!

8. rc

rc New Member

No scripture, just humanistic, feelings...
    Man's heart is wicked and seeks NOTHING but evil continually. Faith in God isn't evil. He'll never by himself seek God.. it's acutally very simple to see Biblically.

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Well I disagree with your premise, I know too many unsaved persons who do not seek evil continually. Their failure is that they don't seem to know enough to seek God. They don't believe their is an afterlife, they believe that this life is all there is! But they are not evil people. They don't commit murder, they are not sexually immoral, they are not frauds. They are honest decent people who simply do not believe what we believe!

You blanket statement is fraudulent!

10. rc

rc New Member

Well I disagree with your premise, I know too many unsaved persons who do not seek evil continually.

Wes... I didn't know you could see men's hearts. Even our best works are as filthy rags to Him... Your the one with blanket statements and NO SCRIPTURE, I am just using scripture.

Romans 3:10-18 10 as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; NO ONE DOES GOOD, not even one." 13 "Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips." 14 "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness." 15 "Their feet are swift to shed blood; 16 in their paths are ruin and misery, 17 and the way of peace they have not known." 18 "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Genesis 8:21 21 And when the LORD smelled the pleasing aroma, the LORD said in his heart, "I will never again curse(1 )the ground because of man, for the intention of man's heart is evil from his youth.

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

In what phase of life do we learn to disobey? That's right, in our youth! Many as toddlers! So Yes we succumb to evil early in life. But we do not become evil at any point in our life, we only remain susceptible to evil throughout our lives. Man is NOT totally depraved! Calvin is wrong!
    The vast majority of mankind do not fit these descriptions, though ALL mankind is susceptible to fitting them.
    Likewise, Not ALL mankind fit this description either. However many do come close to fitting this description, one notable name does come to mind...Mother Theresa! As noteworthy contender she would confess that she was not Righteous, and who among us is willing to call here depraved?

12. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi RC;
    Yes you are using scripture, but it's the scripture that says what's in a sinners heart. Not what God says is so.
    This is what the old testament says yet you refuse to acknowledge it.
    2Ch 34:3 For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.

This proves that Paul was wrong according to your interpretation and it proves that men do seek God and this one did at a very young age.

Either your interpretation is wrong or Paul is. I think you're wrong.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

13. rc

rc New Member

ILL ... again using narrative for doctrine... bad bad bad... This is a statement and does not back up anything you say... I can EASILY say that his heart was changed by God to cause him to seek him and I would be Biblical and you would be wanting ... Why cause I have proof texts to explain the narrative.. you do not...
    No man seeks after God .. not one...
    No man can come to me unless the father GRANTS it.

Thus in ALL narratives when anybody seeks, it's because God granted it before time. You have NO verses that state word for word that man CAN and HAS THE ABILITY to seek Him in his natural state...NOT ONE! I've asked you over and over again to give me one and you can't! NO analogies, no narratives, no indicatives... give me a proof text!

14. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi RC
    And you have none that say man cannot. Yet Josiah did seek him in his natural state because you have none that says he wasn't in his natural state. do you?
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

15. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Just what do you think the Holy Scriptures do, if it is not God Granting that we seek Him and His Son? God gives us license through his Holy Word to seek, seek, seek, and by Seeking to Find, find, find!

Maybe it hasn't always been that way for you rc, but for the rest of humanity THAT'S THE WAY IT IS!

16. rc

rc New Member

Again no scripture.... don't you get tired of spewing your philosophies?

NO man seeks after God, no not one. God grants mercy on who He mercies. Those who He mercies He GRANTS ability too.

All scripture. Now... Give me a verse that says 'Man has the ABILITY to choose God in his natural state' ...

17. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The bible is the reference, and if you knew the bible you would KNOW what I am saying is true.

18. rc

rc New Member

Again no scripture... I know my Bible, AND grammer AND other languages ... that's why I know you can't give me a verse!

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You don't accept the scriptures that have been given by others so why do you insist on demanding them from me?

I am attempting to convey to you the messages that I have found throughout the scriptures. It is just the same as reading a a play, that which is said by one actor, in one scene of the play does not reveal the whole message of the play, one scripture by one author in one scene of the bible does not convey the whole story of the BUT YOU INSIST THAT IT MUST! You are behaving foolishly toward the scriptures!