1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Won't you be my partner?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Those who choose to participate in our church are reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. It's a 40 day thing where we would read the pages listed in the book each day and discuss them.
    I thought it might be interesting to do it online. Does anyone want to go buy the book and join in?
    For KJV people, this guy uses different versions throughout the book. I plan on just reading the verses in my KJV bible since that's what I use and can understand best. (also recommended to do this by the pastor)
    As far as exactly what the book is, it's supposed to take you on a "40 day spiritual journey", talks about why we're here, our purpose in life, etc., and seems like it would be good for newbies to Christianity along with the well-seasoned.
    Anyhow, if anyone wants to join in, respond to this thread and if you guys do, someone say how long we should wait for everyone to get the book and then get started.
    Gina

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

We are doing it in our church, starting in October. I'll begin the book in about a week as part of our church's ministerial staff. I'll be glad to join in on the conversation.