1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Word Changes and Deadly Translation concerns

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by David J, May 18, 2004.

1. David J

David J New Member

Since you are so worried about word changes and deadly translations I figured that I would bring this to you attention:

In the KJV(1769 Oxford edition):

Acts 5:30,"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree." KJV

Now notice the KJV says SLEW and HANGED. Do you see the heresy here? The KJV says that Christ was killed first and then hung on the cross! According to your the article that you posted this would make the KJV deadly because it attacks the doctrine of the cross!!!!

When my six year old reads this verse in the KJV it means "killed and hung" what else would he read into it? Are not KJVOist worried about clarity and understanding?

Now let's look at the NKJV:

Acts 5:30,"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree." NKJV

My oh my look what we have here! The NKJV is clearer in Acts 5:30 than that deadly KJV(deadly when holding the KJV to KJVO lies and dogma)! We see that the NKJV tells us exactly what happened to Christ! There is no need to guess about it in the NKJV! Oh the shame! LOL!!!! The NKJV is better than the KJV in Acts 5:30!

Hey mu six year old reads "murderd by hanging" and there is no confusion found in the NKJV.

2 Peter 1:1,"Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:" KJV

Do you notice something fishy here? Humm??? God and OUR Saviour! Maybe those JW's are right when they take us to this verse in the KJV. Looks like yet again a deadly verse is found in the KJV!

Now's let's look at the NKJV:

2 Peter 1:1,"Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:" NKJV

Oh no not again! The NKJV proclaims that Jesus Christ is God and Savior! Man no wonder those JW's hate the NKJV! Yet again if you hold the KJV to the same standards that you hold the NKJV it would prove that the KJV is a deadly translation!

Once again KJVO lies and distortion crumble when KJVO standards are applied to the KJV!

By the way these KJVO lies have been answered time and time again.

Well, what do you say? Is the KJV wrong in these two verses?

Here is one for the road:

Deut. 8:9,"A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass." KJV

Notice the word brass! I smell an advanced revelation here.....

now compare it to the NKJV:

Deut. 8:9,"a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing; a land whose stones are iron and out of whose hills you can dig copper." NKJV

Notice the word COPPER.

Now tell me which word is right and why. Don't run from this one! LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Posting Rule 8. Use descriptive subject lines. This makes it easier for people to see what your post is about. Do not use another member's screen names in topic titles.

[ May 18, 2004, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

2. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Last time I checked,one had to "dig" to get the materials for brass.....Go figure...

Besides,I'm pretty sure that using a member's name in the title of a thread is against BB rules....

3. David J

David J New Member

No rule breaking intended. I just wanted to address this member on an issue. Kind of like when Paul corrected Peter, sometimes we need to call them by name [​IMG]

4. brothersmiller

brothersmiller New Member

You people are ignorant of satans devices.Why all the new translations over the past several years?
    Answer:pROFITS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What does it profit a man to gain the world and lose his own soul.You find the verse.

Peace Bro Miller.

5. Orvie

Orvie New Member

***yawn***

6. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

brothersmiller, please allow me to ask you a question. Can a person be saved using any bible other than a King James?

7. brothersmiller

brothersmiller New Member

brothersmiller, please allow me to ask you a question. Can a person be saved using any bible other than a King James?

Bro miller comments.

What kind of silly question is that?Of course a person can be saved without ever reading a kjv or any other version of the Bible or even going to church for that matter.

Take a prozac please.

Bro miller.

8. David J

David J New Member

Humm, so you will not comment on the copper issue.

Sigh, another hit and runner!

9. Askjo

Askjo New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Get mouthwash! [​IMG]

11. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brothersmiller:You people are ignorant of satans devices.Why all the new translations over the past several years?

Sir, I suggest you study a little history of the AV 1611/KJV. The early editions had KJ's TAX STAMP in it, and it was sold to add funds to the royal coffers. This stamp was placed in the AV at the suggestion of KJ's Finance minister Sir Robt. Cecil who was trying to raise money to fund some of KJ's other projects. KJ had his good and his bad points,& one of his worst was his profligate spending. Cecil tried to counterbalance this, & one of the ways was to place the king's TAX STAMP in every copy of the AV printed. The printer, Sir Robt. Barker, naturally passed this cost to the outlets who passed it on to the consumer. Did this make the AV a device of Satan?

This does NOT make the AV corrupt any more than does the selling of MVs for profit. A cold, hard fact is that if publishers & printers don't make money, they don't publish or print very long. The Barker family continued to profit by printing the AV long after both Sir Roberts and KJ were dead. You can verify all this in any good encyclopedia.

12. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

My bible (KJV) says that "the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation." If an NIV can make a person "wise unto salvation" doesn't God's word call that version "scripture?" If God calls it "scripture" how can you hate it?
    Why the nastiness? Are you intimidated by an honest question? Is "take a prozac" what the Holy Spirit led you to type? Does such demeaning talk exhibit the love Christ commands us to have one to the other?
    I am sorry, but your post was not very "brotherly." You may want to consider changing your signature.

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Slambo:Last time I checked,one had to "dig" to get the materials for brass.....Go figure...

Last time I checked, brass was an alloy, not occurring naturally, and was "dug" only at archaeological sites...go figure...

Yeah, I know, I know...the English of 400 years ago often said brass for copper, but that was then, this is now.

14. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Be that as it may,one STILL has to "dig" for the materials....Brass is correct!

15. TWade

TWade New Member

Boy, ain't that the pot calling the kettle black! [​IMG]

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So? Are you saying that the KJV and all its several revisions (1611-1853), editions (Oxford, Cambridge, Nelson-none of which are charitable organizations) and Study Bible forms were completely free of “filthy lucre”?

IMO the problem here is the translation of the word “slew” ((diacheirizomai - Strong’s 1315)

Strong’s
    1) to move by the use of the hands, take in hand, manage, administer, govern
    2) to lay hands on, slay, kill [with one's own hand]

Or in the context and idiom of the language and the times:

“whom ye condemned to death and hanged on a tree”

HankD

17. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Ah, yes, the same reason Robert Barker paid the equivalent of a year's income in 1611 for a monopoly on printing Bibles.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You mean, the KJV didn't make money when it came out on the market? It did indeed. That income was bolstered when King James made it illegal to own any translation of the Bible except his own. Of course, that doesn't even address the numerous non-KJV translations which are in the public domain (which the KJVOlaters also refer to as MV's).