1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Word/Faith Doctrines

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Amy.G, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yeah, but they have a lack of $money$. :laugh:

2. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

I dont want this to turn into the typical debate, haha, so I am going to let it rest for the sake of this thread.. -Zach

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Apparently, really sick people are not allowed on the stage or to go forward. There are people who choose certain people to be "healed," who may not really be sick at all.

Also, none of the "healings' have been able to be medically verified.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I took some classes with a couple of Hinn's body guards in college. They verified to me that it was all preset prior to the service.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

The so-called "gift" of healing is absolute, and requires no faith on the part of the sick person. If I have the "gift" I can heal him, even if he doesn't want to be healed.

Same with the gift of prophecy. It's absolute, no mistakes. The Bible says a prophet of God must be 100% right 100% of the time or he's not from God.

If my faith is all I need, then I don't need Benny Hinn. If I don't have enough faith, he can't do me any good. If Benny has the gift or the faith, I don't need any. See the inconsistencies?

Some of you will remember the old unscriptural witnessing tool: "God votes for you, the Devil votes against you, you have the deciding vote.

WoF is sorta like that, according to a former WoF friend of mine. God and the Devil are basically waiting on you. If you speak positive words, God can move in and respond. If you speak negative words, the Devil goes into action. You're in control of your destiny by the words you speak.

Can we say heresy?