1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Words omitted from AV1611

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by franklinmonroe, Feb 13, 2008.

1. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

John, does this mean you will include the subscriptions in your translation work?

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I'm working from Stephanus (into Japanese, for BB readers who don't know), and he has them, I'm including them. But to cover all bases I'm fudging by centering them and setting them one line down from the last verse. :smilewinkgrin:

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since posting on this thread I've had an interesting exchange with a textual scholar I much respect who pointed out to me among other things that (1) no textual scholar thinks the Pauline subscriptions are in the original mss. (2) There are historical errors in the subscriptions of Stephanus.

So it looks like I must rebel against Stephanus and excise them from my translation! :saint: