1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Working out my salvation

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by rockytopva, Nov 27, 2022.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well… Paul told me to!

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Philippians 2:12

2. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did he tell you to read the next verse too? "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure".
    Philippians 2:13.

#2 DaveXR650, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13-14

I must say here... I have not arrived! I have a long way to go!

4. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice he didnt write work for your own salvation. The Salvation was already theirs back a Gift of Grace, else it couldn't be ones own salvation.

And to work it out means its already been worked in you by God.

Heb 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jn 3:21

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God

Isa 26:12

Lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Synonymous with:

13 for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified:
    14 (for when Gentiles that have not the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are the law unto themselves;
    15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness therewith, and their thoughts one with another accusing or else excusing them); Ro 2