1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Working with Arminian

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by evangelist6589, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Evan doesn't know who he's messin' with, that was Justin when he was cute. He will get worse.

Image too large

Notice the lack of tattoos.

It's gonna get scary quick.

#21 Winman, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  2. Winman

Winman Active Member

The Lord Jesus died for Justin Bieber just like he died for you Evangelist.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible commands that we walk in holiness.

Leviticus 20:26
    And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Leviticus 20:7
    Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 11:44
    For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

We walk separated from the patterns of this world

Rom 12:2-And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2 Corinthians 6:17
    Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

WinMan advertises a questionable individual.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/showbiz/justin-bieber-robbery-probe/

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes pray for him, but why advertise him and make him a role model? We are to walk in holiness and be ye separated from the patterns of this world.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible commands that we walk in holiness.

Leviticus 20:26
    And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Leviticus 20:7
    Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 11:44
    For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

We walk separated from the patterns of this world

Rom 12:2-And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2 Corinthians 6:17
    Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

WinMan advertises a questionable individual.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/showbi...robbery-probe/

#25 evangelist6589, Jun 13, 2014
  6. Winman

Winman Active Member

You are turning into a nice Pharisee Evan.

Mat 21:28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
    29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
    30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
    31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
    32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

You have no clue what Jesus is saying here, NONE.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe that both of them would differ from you on this, as they each would state they saw that truth in the word of God!

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since he denied original Sin, and taught that we can freely choose to believe, even apart from the grace of God, Holy spirit working in and on us, what makes you see him as being a hero of the faith?

#28 Yeshua1, Jun 13, 2014
  9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most of the Arminians i know are very solid on the the fact that the New Covenant places the moral law - the Commandments of God on the heart and mind and that only the lost are ar war with the Law of God and doomed to rebellion against His law (see Romans 8:5-8).

I however i do not doubt for a minute that you have found some Arminians that would not agree with me on that point. They are simply not consistent Arminians.

The ultimate Arminian point is made in Matt 18 "i forgave you all ... should you not have forgiven others..." and then the full debt is returned to the debtor.

The Arminian point of Romans 11 is impossible to miss "You not be proud but FEAR... you stand only by your faith.. if He did not spare them neither will He spare you... He is able to graft THEM in AGAIN if they do not continue in unbelief'.

Very difficult for the "consistent Arminian" to ignore your point made about the need to avoid sin as a born again saint.

in Christ,

Bob

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Holding to the scripture is not acting like a pharisee its believing in the Bible!

1 John 2
    3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Bob.

There are allot of them that just do not study, read books, or dive into the word and so are in ignorance. However there are two men at the church that I would love to see attend the fair tomorrow as both Arminian both are grounded in the gospel and I can work with them.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

If you think you are special, and better than guys like Justin Bieber, you better be careful. The Pharisees and the priests all looked down on the publicans and harlots the way you look down on Justin Bieber, and Jesus said those publicans and harlots would go into heaven before those self-righteous Pharisees and priests would.

And you are acting just like one of those self-righteous Pharisees. God loves Justin Bieber just as much as he loves you.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Pelagius DID NOT believe man could come to God apart from God's grace. You have believed lies told by his enemies.

You don't get it, you are taught Pelagius to frighten you, to keep you from thinking outside the Reformed box. And you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

It is just like the Catholics who prohibited laymen from studying the Bible, telling them that they would go to hell. They didn't want folks to read the Bible for themselves and discovering all the lies they were being taught.

Men are still using these same tactics today, and YOU are proof of how effective they are. :thumbsup:

14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If they would embrace more of the Arminian position they would soon join you in calling for born again saints to live a sanctified life as Romans 2 insists.

There are almost 20 million Arminian Seventh-day Adventists that take that very position. And there are other Arminian groups that take that same position as well.

15. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You do realize you just insulted Bob after thanking him? Bob is no friend of Calvinism and thus is a non-studier living in ignorance. :tongue3: