1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

World Trade Center?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Justified, Jul 17, 2002.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stupid spelling mistake. :confused:

2. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

What are you doing here? ;) </font>[/QUOTE]What? The fact that I'm leaving open the possibility that I'm wrong (heaven forbid) or that I would dare share an opinion (we hardly ever see those on the BB ;) )

Bro. Adam

3. Justified

Justified New Member

Wisdom,

Obviously, they wouldn't be building these building the same, and we just don't sweep this under the rug! They still use Peral Harbor, to it's fullest extent. And there is a memerial right there. Nobody swept it under the rug.

Again, I ask. If it was you that was killed in a situation like this, would you want a memerial only built to honor you?

4. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Justified, please call me Seeker if you must shorten my name as I haven't arrived at Wisdom yet.

It wasn't obvious to me.
    I appologize, I read your comments to be callous in reference to any kind of memorial.

It wasn't. And that's not the point of a memorial anyway. It's so that we remember.

Wisdom Seeker

5. Justified

Justified New Member

Seeker,

Sorry about the name. I should have been more observent to what I was doing there. [​IMG]

Please forgive me. I was a little careless in the way I presented this aspect of my statement and views. [​IMG]

Thank you for being a friend and mature enough to point these things out tactfully and in Love. [​IMG]

6. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Justified,

No problem. Happens all the time.
    It is indeed often difficult to convey everything in so concise a manner that the reader may read what we mean in what we say.
    Love thy brother as thyself. Mark 12:31. I only spoke to you in the manner that I would hope to be spoken to.

Wisdom Seeker

The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility. Prov. 15:33

7. Justified

Justified New Member

The group from Florida that is staying with us here in Jersey,(details about this group are mentioned in BB Welcome- My First Post) went to Manhattan yesterday. They toured the city and stopped at the WTC site.

When we did devotions this morning, i asked them about what they felt and thought when they saw where the twin towers use to stand.

The responses ranged widely, but they were even more thankful for their Salvation, and that they realized a lot of those people did not know Jesus as their Savior, and that we don't know when the Lord is taking us home, no matter where that home may be. I pointed out, how it was important for us to take the Great Commission seriously. And that people need to see Christ in us and through us.

8. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I am from an Oklahoma City suburb, and was half a mile down the road when the Alfred P. Murrah Building was bombed. The Oklahoma City National Memorial that has been built on the sight is very moving and very peaceful. Having been so close to a terrorist act, I feel a memorial to the victims is very appropriate. The whole City and State were affected buy this act. In New York, the City, State, Country and even the World were affected,the Memorial would be for everyone.
    A new Federal Building Complex is being built in a different location, but not far from the original sight.

9. kathy56

kathy56 New Member

Have you eve heard the statement "You can't go home again?"

You know you grow up leave home and all that stuff. Sure you can go back to your hometown but you know you can never really go home again. It is never really the same - everything has changed. You have changed. The world you left behind has continuned own in its daily pace and it has changed. We can't go back to before 9/11. That day changed the world. And now the world has continued to go on from that day. We have changed since that day.

To solve the problem of what should be built there needs to be looked at as not only as what happened at on that day on 9/11 but what is NY today.

I think there needs to be a seperate "free standing memorial" to the victims of that tradgey. But that does not mean there cannot be some building done on that space. I think it is real easy for us to say we MUST rebuild the twin towers are the terroist have won. But the people who are saying that are you the ones who will be working in that building???

I am not sure it is financially feasible to rebuild the towers right now so the point may be mute. There is a lot of land and land is precious commodity in New York City not so much as in OKC. You are not comparing apples to apples.

I think a blending of a seperate "fee standing memorial" and buildings would be appropriate. I am not sure they would ever get enough people to fill the occupancy needs of another twin towers. After all this is the 2nd attack. That has got to be a huge psyhciogical barrier to overcome. I have stood on the top of the tower and cannot imagine people walking in that building on a daily basis without some thoughts of another attack.

God Bless!
    Kathy

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk,
    and not faint.

10. Justified

Justified New Member

Kathy,

As after seeing the list of possible attack sights from these terrorists, I can't imagine anyone walking into major buildings, crossing major bridges, and going to major momuments, without having these thoughts or feelings.

AS for attacks on the US, nothing can garrantee this ever happening again. But, with the amount of awareness now and the seriousness of our government, it will be more difficult for future attacks.

Also, about NYC, and the financial structure, there were a lot of businesses lost in this attack, thus creating a financial void for revenues in this city.

11. Gayla

Gayla New Member

When I saw the proposals, I thought that all 6 of them were building on the WTC sight and incorporating a Memorial with a complex of buildings to replace the offices, etc. that were lost.

12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having gone to a third page, I will be closing this topic on this forum No Earlier Than 900p PDT/1200a EDT/Board time. If y'all want to continue this discussion elsewhere, I would be happy to move this thread to another forum. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for your good posts.

13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closing the Thread.