1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Worldwide Great Unconformity

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by church mouse guy, Jan 23, 2020.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Arizona, one can see the Great Unconformity. The granite rock under the sedimentary rock was planed and beveled by the catastrophic Genesis Flood that altered the entire planet. The granite rock is sort of the basement rock of the planet upon which was deposited all the debris of the flood in layers upon layers, which we know from Mount St. Helens can happen very, very quickly.

Dr. Del Tackett in a clip from the movie Is Genesis History? is guided by geologist Dr. Steve Austin. Here is the short clip of this sight which demonstrates the scale of the catastrophe caused by man's sin:

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grand Canyon really disproves the ole billions of years of evolution dating!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Professor David Gelernter said, "...Darwinism is...the basis of a worldview, and an emergency replacement religion for the many troubled souls who need one."

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think its the same fake news that satan gave to Adam and Eve!

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I see what you are saying and I agree. It is weird that science and logic cannot prevail against Darwin. In another weird case where the religion of Darwinism fought against geological science, it took 40 years for the truth to be established by aerial photographs--The Lake Missoula Flood where pent-up water from the area of Missoula, Montana, raced to the Pacific Ocean:

The concept of the Lake Missoula Flood has had a controversial history. Based on geological observations back in 1923, J. Harlen Bretz postulated a gigantic flood in eastern Washington from an unknown source.9,10 This started a storm of controversy that lasted about 40 years. The idea of the Lake Missoula Flood was rejected because it seemed too close to the biblical Flood. Victor Baker states:

‘Bretz’ flood theory was so despicable that even circular reasoning could be employed to erect an alternative hypothesis. … One cannot but be amazed at the spectacle of otherwise objective scientists twisting hypotheses to give a uniformitarian explanation to the Channeled Scabland. Undoubtedly these men thought they were upholding the very framework of geology as it had been established in the writings of Hutton, Lyell, and Agassiz.’ 11

Creationists should not be surprised if uniformitarian geologists see no evidence for the Genesis Flood.

Only One Lake Missoula Flood

This was a dispute among secularist. One guy who knew that Bretz was correct kept quiet to protect his own career. Bretz was vilified by the others but even he did not believe in Noah's Flood or really connect the dots 100% but he was the first to call the terrain from Missoula to the Pacific Ocean the result of a flood or floods. American science is not exactly cutting edge. Look how stupid our scientists are about climate change.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since deep time came from Hinduism & went to Europe through the Greeks, Yeshua1, I wanted to ask you if Hinduism came from Satan or from Man? Note that deep timers think that there is a half billion years between the basement rock and the sedimentary layers thought by YECs to have been laid down by the Genesis Flood.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think all religions not either Judaism in its beginning, or Christianity, have come from Satan, either directly or indirectly.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you, but I find myself constantly wondering how much of a religion or a cult is satanic and how much is man-made? Hinduism, the source of the notion of deep time or millions and millions of years, seems to deal so much with the occult and evil that it seems natural to say that Hinduism is fully demonic. I think that Islam murdered about 80,000,000 Hindus.

The Greatest Murder Machine in History

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would see it as Satan either sending an actual fallen angel to speak to a founder, see Joseph Smith/Muhammad, or else "whispers" into the mind of someone like a Buddha!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scary stuff. I never could read cult theology for very long. It makes me sick.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always had a desire to research such groups, as thought at one time God had called me to go into a formal Cult ministry!
    The scariest one to me was Charismatic Chaos.