1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Worried about one of my classes

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Nicholas25, May 2, 2007.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I was a hypocrite this semester as a student. Because I slacked and procrastinated I am on the bubble in one of my classes. I am one semester away from student teaching but if I fail one class I can't take it again until next spring which is when I am supposed to student teach. Failing this one class would put me back a year. Please help me pray that I pass. I hope the Lord doesn't use this as an opportunity to teach me a lesson, although he would have every right to do so. He (Christ) has put me on a good road with things looking good for the future. I hope I didn't mess up the path the Lord had for me. Please pray for me, I am worried, stressed, and mad at myself.
    NP

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Yes!!! Its been 30 years since I've graced the halls of college-----and I still have nightmares like the one you describe!!!

Youi'll do fine!!!

One college nightmare I remember like it were yesterday

Department Head(Upon examining my transcripts---one semister from graduation)

"We're not going to take this English credit transfer from LSU!!!"

ME: "WHAT????????!!!! You ain't gonna accept it???"

DH: "Thats right!! We are not going to accept it!!!"

ME: "That'll put me a year behind!!!"

DH: "You should have thought about that 4 years ago when you transfered these credits!!!"

I leave his ugly office and fall on my knees

ME:"Oh, Righteous Heavenly Father!!! You just gotta help me get out of this one!!!! Just this once!!!!"

That was 30 years ago!!!

We'll pray you be fine!!

Your buddy,
    Blackbird

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Come on now Nicholas, I'm sure you can do much better than that. ;)

I work at a university in their school of education's educational technology department. I see students in your situation every week. I can always tell when a major project is due because I get flooded with students who have questions about blackboard, excel, access, or any number of computer related issues. One thing most of these students have in common: they have waited until the last minute and "Murphy's Law" has caught up to them. Their document will not print right, they can't get something to format, their flash drive, cd, or floppy disk is not working right, and on and on we go. It is never a good idea to wait until the last minute to try to do a project or study for a test. Sure you might get away with it from time to time but, one day, it will catch up to you.

What you need to focus on is doing better next time and not allowing this to happen again. Once you are behind it is very difficult to catch up. This is because of the stress that is created by falling behind in your assignments and also because of the way many college classes are weighted (etc).

I pray that the Lord will use this "scare" to help you see the need to stay caught up in your studies. I also pray that you will pass that important class. :praying:

Let us know what happens...