1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Worship leader

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Jun 14, 2017.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Certainly.

This is the work of the Holy Spirit to the unregenerate:

8“And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; 9concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;10and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
    (John 16)

This is the work of the Holy Spirit to the regenerate:

16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

18“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19“After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also.20“In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

25“These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. 26“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. 27“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
    (John 14)

Some look for the Spirit, but only find spirits. The spirits of the intoxicant can also be found in other than a bottle or can. There is little truth in that spirit.

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A parable is a model, not an absolute. Taking what you say to its logical conclusion would pose quite a set of problems. Literally, we could just boil evangelism down to throwing business cards around everywhere that contained the plan of salvation.

The Holy Spirit calls the sinner, but He also calls the Saint to minister to the Sinner. The Spirit knows what delivery methodmust be used for the seed to be accepted.

3. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would it then be correct that your view of a parable is nothing more than a short story that may have some nebulous truth, but nothing of factual value?

Again, who owns the dirt?

is it the responsibility of the sower to manipulate the seed or scatter indiscriminately the seed?

Are we to manipulate "the season" or be ready to answer in all seasonal conditions? (1Peter 3:15)

Exactly what is harvested, the dirt or what the dirt produced?

If something other than the seed of The Word is sown, what is that seed called, who sows it, and what is the results? (Matthew13)

Believers are to ready to present the truth, even if snake bit while building a fire after being shipwrecked. Believers don't have to be in the manipulation business, they need to be in the ready to deliver the seed business.

God prepares the dirt.

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless someone mistakes the last few posts as being off topic, they are not.

It goes to the heart of the term Worship Leader. A term typically used for anyone of any qualification that may use any and all manner of worldly devices and manipulations to "prepare the hearts" for and lead the worship.

Is such manipulation Scriptural when it comes to worship?

• Agree Agree x 1