1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Worship with Computers?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Joman, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Joman

Joman New Member

Our pianist is moving to another country. Nobody else plays the piano or any other instrument in our church.

is there any "software" that simulates an orchestra or at least a good piano for a church?

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Napster has quite a few Christian music downloads, but I don't know if they have instrumental-only selections or not. You might check.

BTW, the Napster subscription service is now totally-legal and honest, so you're not violating "You Shall Not Steal" by using that service and paying for any song(s) you choose.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Could you have your existing Pianist do some tapes for you? You could then use the tapes until you can find a replacement.

What you could try is an advertisment in a local paper in the religious notices section to see if there is someone who would like to serve God as a musician in your church. You never know you could have several applications.

4. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

hmmmmmmm........... here's an idea: why don't you just pipe in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and your whole choir can then fill the pews. Of course you could also pipe in messages by your favorite Baptist minister, like Charles Stanley and you wouldn't even have to have a regular minister. Might save you some money too.

Of course I'm being facetious, but the idea of a complete electronic church service was too surreal to pass up an opportunity to smile about.

Seriously now..... why don't you try singing accapello (with only the human voice)??? All you need is a good music director to lead the singing.
    Do you think God would be offended if you praised Him only with your natural voice??? You might discover that you don't need a pianist afterall.

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We attended a pioneer work for awhile that had a modest keyboard that you could load songs into and play through it. The pastor downloaded them from an independent baptist site somewhere - he is gone so can't ask him.

Also you might try the local bible college if you have one, students might assist.

Advertizing is like russian roulette, you might find someone you really don't want that is way qualified and then what :-( maybe you have a good lawyer in your church :)

6. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

We were faced with the same problem. Our piano player left for college and we didn't have anyone who knows how to play any instruments. We did have a synthisizer (SP) but the wiring is bad. I found these accompniment music on CDs and bought them. If you have a CD player with a car adapter (The casette tape with the plug in cord) you can play it from any cassette player the church has. We only have a cassette recorder/player. Now if your church has a CD player pluggeg in to the equipment then you won't need the other.

The music is beautifully arranged.

Is's a thought anyway.

As a matter of fact Easter, my daughter and I worked on a song to sing and our piano player ( she came back) couldn't do the arrangement that I wanted so I arranged it myself copied it to CD and played it on the CD player in church and sang along.

It works well in a pinch.

Here is the website for the accomniment tracks, you can give it a listen.

http://www.joyfulnoisemusic.com/midi.html

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The non-instrumental Church of Christ insists on acappella singing in their worship. I hope at least one person can hold a tune. ;)