1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would God destroy the earth for animal-human chimera and hybrid experiments?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Aug 14, 2016.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have not presented "God's argument" but your own speculation.
    God has written in his word his own timetable which is not "according to Bob Ryan's speculations."
    It is according to His will determined before the foundation of the world, not according to your speculation. It is an arrogant position; a speculative position that you have taken.

The fact that Christ has not returned for 2000 years has no bearing on your argument. It is irrelevant, a red herring. He will come when he comes. No one knows the time or the season thereof. Again you base your argument on mere speculation.

God's plan is given in God's book, not in Bob Ryan's speculative imagination. Why go there?
    1. After the church is raptured, the antichrist will be revealed.
    2. There will be a time of seven year tribulation.
    3. At the end of that seven years Christ will come in all his glory, and at that time the enemies of the Jews will be defeated at the Battle of Armaggeddon. The remnant of Israel will turn to Christ and be saved.
    4. Christ will set up his millennial kingdom on earth and rule for a thousand years in perfect peace and justice.
    5. At the end of the thousand years the Great White Throne Judgement will take place where all unbelievers will be sentenced to their final place in the Lake of Fire.
    6 After that Christ will make a new earth and a new heaven. This will be the eternal state. The old earth and the old heaven will be destroyed, and not for any reason that is hidden in your imagination.

This is God's timetable. It is not speculation. It is what is written in the Word. God does not base his events on your imagination, but on what he has revealed in His Word.

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Ellen Whites words have no authority and should not be placed along with Scripture as if they do. They don't. She's a false prophet - well known and established fact, and it is sacrilegious to place her writings along with Scripture as if her words are on par.

Is there such a thing as crossing of species? Hybrids are not the crossing of species. From what I've heard and looked at this is an impossibility, and, people tend to see hybrids as an example of this when it is not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your words have no authority and should not be placed along with scripture as if they do.

So where is the starting point? The Book of the Cat in the Hat?

Your guess is just as good as Ellen's. Exception being she claims to have direction by the holy spirit to interpret and Identify scripture. While you have nothing. You just blindly grabbed scripture from a faith you disagree with and called it yours. Counting on THEIR holy spirit and not your own to identify scripture.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That statement looks sort of lame without this one small sentence in my post above - so I am ADDING it here for your benefit. Otherwise your response would look like total nonsense given the seriousness of the topic so far.

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere". …. {1SP 69.1}

You seem to be out on a limb on this statement as well.

A hybrid is a case where mixed DNA is in every cell of the individual because the crossing is done essentially at the zygote level. So then the zdonk is a great example between species - as I have seen it here in north Ga.

But in this case we are talking about proposed hybrids between animals and humans - every cell having the mix.

As I stated in the post - the other category of experiment they want to fund is the chimera experiment where instead of x% human y% animal in every cell.. you would have entire organs that are 100% human - while the rest of the individual/animal remains 100% animal.

So then click on the actual comment link to their website comment form - and read it before responding with simple guesses as to what they might be saying.

Maybe you need consult with the NIH then maybe they could stop this altogether.

in the mean time - we have 'this' in real life.

http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-16-128.html

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/545106/human-animal-chimeras-are-gestating-on-us-research-farms/

#24 BobRyan, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob, your entire premise is speculation and fantasy. Why not stick to the Word of God.
    Man hasn't even found a way to take one simple animal organ and transplant it into man, not even one organ! The obstacles are too great.

From Wikipedia:
    To date no xenotransplantation trials have been entirely successful due to the many obstacles arising from the response of the recipient’simmune system. This response, which is generally more extreme than in allotransplantations, ultimately results in rejection of the xenograft, and can in some cases result in the immediate death of the recipient. There are several types of rejection organ xenografts are faced with, these include:

• Hyperacute rejection
    • Acute vascular rejection
    • Cellular rejection
    • Chronic rejection
    A rapid, violent hyperacute response results due to preformed natural antibodies, known as XNAs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenotransplantation

Here is another article worth looking at:
    http://apps.engr.utexas.edu/ethics/organTransplant/nihxeno1.cfm

If the potential benefits are huge, so are the barriers.

The human immune system—a complex network of defenses against disease organisms and other foreign substances that evolved over millions of years—fiercely resists even human-to-human transplants. When confronted with an organ from an animal as evolutionarily distant as, say, a pig, the human immune system reacts violently. In a response known as hyperacute rejection, antibodies that seem pre-primed to attack tissues from another species summon into action the so-called complement cascade, an array of proteins in the blood that attacks the internal walls of the transplant’s blood vessels, rejecting the organ within hours or even minutes

And yet your definition of a hybrid would include a common denominator of many organs of an animal which is unheard of, and impossible, both in science and according to God's Word--impossible.

Genesis 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The taxonomic groups of God's method of classification never cross over.
    God indeed will make a new heaven and a new earth. The old heaven and the old earth will be destroyed. But it has nothing to do with the premises you have set forth. It has been in God's plan to do before the foundation of the earth.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Keep silent or speak up?

Gen 1 26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them

Gen 6:11 11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere". …. {1SP 69.1}

==============================================================

Ezek 3 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me: 18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul. (Ezekiel 3)

QUOTE == from http://www.geneticsandsociety.org/article.php?id=9611

NIH Plans To Lift Ban On Research Funds For Part-Human, Part-Animal Embryo

by Rob Stein, NPR
    August 4th, 2016

The federal government announced plans Thursday to lift a moratorium on funding of certain controversial experiments that use human stem cells to create animal embryos that are partly human.

The National Institutes of Health is proposing a new policy to permit scientists to get federal money to make embryos, known as chimeras, under certain carefully monitored conditions.

The NIH imposed a moratorium on funding these experiments in September because they could raise ethical concerns.

One issue is that scientists might inadvertently create animals that have partly human brains, endowing them with some semblance of human consciousness or human thinking abilities. Another is that they could develop into animals with human sperm and eggs and breed, producing human embryos or fetuses inside animals or hybrid creatures.

But scientists have argued that they could take steps to prevent those outcomes and that the embryos provide invaluable tools for medical research.

For example, scientists hope to use the embryos to create animal models of human diseases, which could lead to new ways to prevent and treat illnesses. Researchers also hope to produce sheep, pigs and cows with human hearts, kidneys, livers, pancreases and possibly other organs that could be used for transplants.

To address the ethical concerns, the NIH's new policy imposes several restrictions.

But the policy would lift the moratorium on funding experiments involving other species. Because of the ethical concerns, though, at least some of the experiments would go through an extra layer of review by a new, special committee of government officials.

That committee would, for example, consider experiments designed to create animals with human brain cells or human brain tissue. Scientists might want to create them to study neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. But the experiments would undergo intensive scrutiny if there's any chance there might be a "substantial contribution" or "substantial functional modification" to an animal's brain.

---
    In addition, the NIH would even consider experiments that could create animals with human sperm and human eggs since they may be useful for studying human development and infertility. But in that case steps would have to be taken to prevent the animals from breeding.

"I am confident that these proposed changes will enable the NIH research community to move this promising area of science forward in a responsible manner," Carrie Wolinetz, the NIH's associate director for science policy, wrote in a blog post.

"At the end of the day, we want to make sure this research progresses because its very important to our understanding of disease. It's important to our mission to improve human health," she said in an interview with NPR. "But we also want to make sure there's an extra set of eyes on these projects because they do have this ethical set of concerns associated with them."

Several scientists said they are thrilled by the new policy. "It's very, very welcome news that NIH will consider funding this type of research," says Pablo Ross, a developmental biologist at the University of California, Davis, trying to grow human organs in farm animals. "We need funding to be able to answer some very important questions."

But critics denounced the decision. "Science fiction writers might have imagined worlds like this — like The Island of Dr. Moreau, Brave New World, Frankenstein," says Stuart Newman, a biologist at New York Medical College. "There have been speculations. But now they're becoming more real. And I think that we just can't say that since it's possible then let's do it."

The public has 30 days to comment on the proposed new policy. NIH could start funding projects as early as the start of 2017.

===== clic on the "Comment" word to ... comment.[/QUOTE]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

The good men will take action -- the rest will mock.

The sin of being silent
    9. Ezekiel 3:18-19 If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

Ephesians 5:11-12 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Proverbs 17:15 ESV He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the Lord.

and of course - we have 'this' in real life.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/545106/human-animal-chimeras-are-gestating-on-us-research-farms/

Sadly the failed solution of 'pontificating away the facts of history' - does not work that well outside of the dark ages.

I assume this means - you never allowed yourself to actually 'read' the material on what they have already done with the human brain generated inside of rats/mice.

your use of old outdated material not withstanding.

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

I'm all for stopping them. Stem-cells don't grow on trees. They collect human beings from invetro-fertilizations. You can bet there is money involved.

But Bob, far as God destroying the earth.

Bob the worst sin you can think of + this. Is nothing compared to JESUS CHRIST.

The most innocent, The worst thing that can happen to a Christian it happened at the cross.

There is no last straw because Christ was it.

2nd God is not an idiot. If he doesn't want anchovies on his pizza......the anchovies go away he doesn't have to throw away the whole thing.

You should contemplate God's wisdom and intelligence before accepting a depiction of God being a helpless fit throwing idiot.

Yes the genetics stuff is bad, the murder involved, bad also.

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

You are misunderstanding. They are combining human to animal precisely to make compatibility.

We are in a world where they already combined jelly fish and mice to make glow in the dark mice.

Their goal is to make organ farms.

Where they are in the wrong is they are killing human beings to accomplish this.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Speak up concerning sin. I agree. Keep quiet about speculative prophecy. You do not know the predetermitive counsel of God. You weren't there. We must speak according to the Word, not according to your imagination.
    This is where you err and read into scripture that which is not there. I thought you were sola scriptura. Apparently not, at least not by your references.

Here is what the Bible says concerning what brought on the Flood:
    Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
    --God gives man space to repent. But His Spirit will not always strive with him. There is going to come a day of judgment. When and why? Because of the accumulation of his sin.
    Gen.6:1,2 was simply the straw that broke the camel's back, not the exact reason.

More precisely, God's reason is stated here:
    Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
    Consider: EVERY imagination of the thoughts of EVERY man was only evil CONTINUALLY.

Therefore judgment would come:
    Genesis 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Only one man and his near family would be saved from this judgment:
    Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
    --Thus your assumption that the judgment on the world for any specific sin is wrong.

I have not read all the material. I don't have to.
    I will agree that it is sin, and it is wrong, just from what Uti..posts.
    That doesn't matter to me. The thousands of abortions are wrong. What ISIS has done and is doing is horrific and can hardly be described in proper English vocabulary.
    What the Crusades and Inquistions did throughout history was terrible, as was the holocaust.
    I can go on and on.
    God will bring judgment upon mankind both in the Great Tribulation, the Great White Throne Judgment, and then finally he will destroy the earth and the heaven, and create a new one.

Your defense of SDA doctrine based on depraved imagination is intolerable, if that is what it is.
    You have no biblical basis for what you quote and state. It is simple opinion without scriptural foundation. Your scripture backs an opinion, not biblical truth. As usual it is taken out of context. It is opinion, not fact.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Thanks. Perhaps I misunderstood the situation.
    My point is that not matter what sin may be stated or elaborated upon, God is going to destroy the world anyway, not because Bob says so, (how arrogant), but because God says so. He has written it in His Word!!
    It is arrogant that Bob thinks that He can boss around God.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not sure what category you put Bob's hobby-horse here. Perhaps he should contact PETA and he might get better results.

When things in the world are happening like this:

Charges against Pastors in Sudan Could Lead to Death Penalty
    JUBA, South Sudan (Morning Star News) – Prosecutors in Sudan yesterday accused two church leaders and two others of tarnishing the image of the country and crimes calling for the death penalty, sources said.

http://morningstarnews.org/2016/08/charges-against-pastors-in-sudan-could-lead-to-death-penalty/

The Bible says:
    "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.
    This is what counts in the sight of the Lord. And some day He will come for them.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You do not refute this statement --- you merely flee from the details --- as if those ad hominem rants raised against the truth of history and the Bible - will hold up.

Refusing even to raise a timid voice against abominations -- you cement your position.

No Christian site yet - has responded with as much favor of abomination and disdain for God's warning. So you have your unique position... and so far no challengers to your uncontested spot.

====================================================================

Gen 1 26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them

Gen 6:11 11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

==============================================================

Ezek 3 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me: 18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul. (Ezekiel 3)

QUOTE == from http://www.geneticsandsociety.org/article.php?id=9611

NIH Plans To Lift Ban On Research Funds For Part-Human, Part-Animal Embryo

by Rob Stein, NPR
    August 4th, 2016

The federal government announced plans Thursday to lift a moratorium on funding of certain controversial experiments that use human stem cells to create animal embryos that are partly human.

The National Institutes of Health is proposing a new policy to permit scientists to get federal money to make embryos, known as chimeras, under certain carefully monitored conditions.

The NIH imposed a moratorium on funding these experiments in September because they could raise ethical concerns.

One issue is that scientists might inadvertently create animals that have partly human brains, endowing them with some semblance of human consciousness or human thinking abilities. Another is that they could develop into animals with human sperm and eggs and breed, producing human embryos or fetuses inside animals or hybrid creatures.

But scientists have argued that they could take steps to prevent those outcomes and that the embryos provide invaluable tools for medical research.

For example, scientists hope to use the embryos to create animal models of human diseases, which could lead to new ways to prevent and treat illnesses. Researchers also hope to produce sheep, pigs and cows with human hearts, kidneys, livers, pancreases and possibly other organs that could be used for transplants.

To address the ethical concerns, the NIH's new policy imposes several restrictions.

But the policy would lift the moratorium on funding experiments involving other species. Because of the ethical concerns, though, at least some of the experiments would go through an extra layer of review by a new, special committee of government officials.

That committee would, for example, consider experiments designed to create animals with human brain cells or human brain tissue. Scientists might want to create them to study neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. But the experiments would undergo intensive scrutiny if there's any chance there might be a "substantial contribution" or "substantial functional modification" to an animal's brain.

---
    In addition, the NIH would even consider experiments that could create animals with human sperm and human eggs since they may be useful for studying human development and infertility. But in that case steps would have to be taken to prevent the animals from breeding.

"I am confident that these proposed changes will enable the NIH research community to move this promising area of science forward in a responsible manner," Carrie Wolinetz, the NIH's associate director for science policy, wrote in a blog post.

"At the end of the day, we want to make sure this research progresses because its very important to our understanding of disease. It's important to our mission to improve human health," she said in an interview with NPR. "But we also want to make sure there's an extra set of eyes on these projects because they do have this ethical set of concerns associated with them."

Several scientists said they are thrilled by the new policy. "It's very, very welcome news that NIH will consider funding this type of research," says Pablo Ross, a developmental biologist at the University of California, Davis, trying to grow human organs in farm animals. "We need funding to be able to answer some very important questions."

But critics denounced the decision. "Science fiction writers might have imagined worlds like this — like The Island of Dr. Moreau, Brave New World, Frankenstein," says Stuart Newman, a biologist at New York Medical College. "There have been speculations. But now they're becoming more real. And I think that we just can't say that since it's possible then let's do it."

The public has 30 days to comment on the proposed new policy. NIH could start funding projects as early as the start of 2017.

===== clic on the "Comment" word to ... comment.[/QUOTE]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

The good men will take action -- the rest will mock.

The sin of being silent
    9. Ezekiel 3:18-19 If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.

Ephesians 5:11-12 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Proverbs 17:15 ESV He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the Lord.

------------------- we have 'this' in real life.

Sadly the failed solution of 'pontificating away the facts of history' - does not work that well outside of the dark ages.

I assume this means - you never allowed yourself to actually 'read' the material on what they have already done with the human brain generated inside of rats/mice.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It has been refuted Bob, many times. It is not difficult. Here is the question in the OP

The answer is a simple "NO"!
    God has already determined to destroy this earth and did so before the foundation of this world, for his own purposes, not for yours, or for any one particular sin that you may point out. It does not work that way. You are not using the Bible, only your imagination.
    I stand on the Word of God, not on your imagination. God has stated in His Word that he will destroy this earth in His time, for His purpose, and for His glory; not yours.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have ignored Revelation 11 and Genesis 6 - both of which totally refute your defense of the abomination of mixing animals and humans.

Try another tactic.

15. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

So you edit my post and add 'blah blah' because I expose your false prophet Ellen White, whose words you place on par with Scripture? You should be ashamed of your behavior and allegiance to a false prophet. Her false teachings have been exposed numerous times, yet you still trod along, following blindly. Don't let your knowledge of other things allow you to think you too must be right about her as well, as you blindly defend her.

I've lost all respect for you sir for editing my post in that manner, it was quite juvenile, disrespectful, shows your allegiance to her lies, and how angry you would get for one to speak against a well known false teacher.

Frankly Bob you're deceived by EGW, and she is, in fact a false prophet, and you're one of her disciples. You've shown yourself to be such.

I called you out for placing her words in line, and on par with Scripture, unashamedly so. It is sacrilege and needed to be called out.

Anyhow, here is what I said before you waxed callow and edited it:

"Ellen Whites words have no authority and should not be placed along with Scripture as if they do. They don't. She's a false prophet - well known and established fact, and it is sacrilegious to place her writings along with Scripture as if her words are on par."

• Winner Winner x 1