1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would I vote for Bush Now

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Nov 27, 2008.

?

Would you vote for George Bush today?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2008.
  1. I voted for him both times but wouldn't vote for him today

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. I voted for him the first time not the second and wouldn't vote for him today

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. I voted for him in one or both of the last two elections but would vote for him today

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. I didn't vote for Bush in in either of the last two elections but would vote for him today

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I didn't vote for Bush in the past and wouldn't vote for him today

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The lesser of two evils is always going to be the best choice regardless of party reform or not. Even if both parties became almost similar on abortion and gay rights, there are always going to be differences.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lesser of two evils is still evil.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

yes it is, and I for one thank you for previously bringing this to my attention. I admit that I had always taught and believed in the lesser evil and the greater good. After much prayer from our previous discussion I can safely say I see that evil will always be evil and good will always be good. The extent is not really relevant.

I thank you my Brother... :thumbs:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The lesser of two evils is an expression only. It means the one who does the least damage. Since no human is perfect, this applies to everyone, as there is never a perfect candidate.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since the Bible states nobody is "good", your stance falls on it's face.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Apples and oranges (again). Our spiritual condition, which is what your quote refers to, has nothing to do with a difference between liberal and conservative. It takes a microscope to see the difference between Bush and a liberal. A blind man can see the difference between Bush and a conservative.

Our sinful state, common to all of us, has nothing to do with this.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our sinnful state has everything to do with everything.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

When a sinless leader is nominated, no doubt everyone on this board would vote for him or her. You have to work in the framework of this world.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's not apples and oranges. Many of the issues involving liberals and conservatives fall into the godless or God honoring camp. "Lesser of two evils" is voting to eliminate as many of the "godless" issues as we possibly can.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree that a little evil is eliminated by voting one major party over another. The point here is that if we had two new parties interested in serving the American people, or, as you suggested, if possible, reform the existing parties, much more evil would be eliminated. Where we differ I believe is that it would be next to impossible to reform the present parties, they are so permeated with evil ways.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Kind of apples and oranges...

1. I didn't say anybody or nobody was good or evil. I said there is good and evil and good is always good and eveil is always evil. You added the nobody, not me.

2. Your use is leaning back towards conservatives being Godly while Liberals bing evil. The only thing that comes close to supporting this position is most conservatives are pro-life. However, you have to subdivide the word pro-life since they only seem to defend and care about the unborn. There are far more atrocities and life being lost that doesn't seem to be considered pro-life. This means they are selectively pro-life and not really pro-life. This means their support for life isn't all that biblical since God never made distinctions seperating the unborn from the been born.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You really should abandon this lie.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Oh, a lie???

I haven't seen anyone passionate about any murder but that of the unborn. I can look for more threads but I doubt if I find one. I've raised the point before and was told the unborn can't defend themselves which is why we defend them. Now I don't see that distinction in the Bible but I'm sure it's biblical.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I've made this statement many times about the innocent victims of unjust wars.

15. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It really isn't a lie. People who are outraged over abortions should also be outraged over the deaths of innocent people in wars and outraged over the deaths of innocent people executed for crimes they did not permit. If you are pro-life then be pro-life and not selective-pro-life ... which is also selective-pro-death.

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Isn't this the classic question of whether the glass is half empty or half full? The American electorate seems to be stuck in the mode of saying it's always half empty. How can we ever hope to be a great country again as long as we have such a pessimistic view of our democracy? Why try to spread democracy to other countries when we have such a low opinion of it ourselves?

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

A bromide is a bromide, no matter who says it.
    Red herring, one that is unconscionable to accuse. If this stands, then so does the accusation that those who support Obama are pro-death to innocent babies, even though they give lip services to supporting innocent life protection in war zones. Or those who have no problem supporting candidates who support abortion but will not support a candidate who supports execution of unrepentant capital criminals. Guilt by association and well-poisioning works both ways.

It is folly for all. But then again, that's about the norm around here thanks to the hacks.

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I voted for him twice. I would not change my votes given who the choices were in 2000 and 2004. If he were to be on the ballot this time, I would still have voted for who I voted for (3rd party candidate) because I cannot stomach what Obama/Bush have done/would do to our Constitution.

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the general election yes, in the primaries no.

20. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Compared with Obama I would have no choice but to vote again for Bush.