1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would this be tithing?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Thank you, Dr Bob!

You are correct. We are not to be put under the yoke of the tithing ordinance... nor under any other Mosaic Law according to Acts 15.

Are any of the Mosaic Laws to be observed by us today? Not at all. We are to Love the Lord. If we do, we will not want to kill, steal, covet, etc., has nothing to do with whether we are under the Law or not. The Holy Ghost agreed at the Jerusalem Council that we are not to be put under that yoke called the Mosaic Law.

Great Post.

By the way, I found the same number of reasons we should tithe as you did. LOL

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

free from the 10 commandments ??? so go out and kill,steal,and take the name of Yah in vain ?????

you still observe these even if you try to dis-prove it---question is WHY are you still observing them ????:thumbs::thumbs:

3. Steadfast Fred

Sometimes we have to break our own rules. LOL

4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

So when the observant Jews used Adonai - meaning Lord - in place of the actual name of God then they were being and promoting paganism?

His name is Jehovah, His name is Yahweh, His name is Jesus, his name is Holy Spirit! I speak english, so I call on God in English. It's not like He is confused as of to whom I am speaking!

Your attempts at being 'cute' like the "wavey'' are just annoying BTW.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you are still taking the acts scripture totally out of context ???

6. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Yeah well what can ya do? I know it's going to be as effective as :BangHead: but whatever...

ATTENTION

I propose that we stop derailing this thread. The OP has been answered about a dozen times and while I've asked evangelist a new question that is still quasi-on topic or current discussion with His(false)Witness is not on topic. Thus lets take this somewhere else shall we?

7. Steadfast Fred

HW,
    How about you go start another thread on following the Ten Commandments and quit derailing this one with your self-righteous condemnation of those of us who don't subscribe to your theories?

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

do a true study on where that title came from also friend and you will see.

you have NO clue whats a actual name is and what a title is ---:tear::tear:

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

im dealing with the OP--tithing is considered a command.

and you say Men CAN NOT keep Yahshua's commandments-

you keep blaming me--but im not the one who said the things you did--the only reason I keep going back and forth with you is because you speak lies in trying to blame me for your own comments--just admit you said them and well both go on--stop denying it !!!

10. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I'm quite aware thank you. You have no clue what the New Covenant means!

Actually you aren't dealing with the OP because the OP was NOT about tithing. Evangelist asked if what he was doing was a tithe/giving. He never asked about the tithe itself.

So if you want to talk about this, like Fred said, make a new thread. Heck I'll even join you! I'm bored and have nothing better to do atm.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Consider carefully:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    --These are the words of Jesus; not YAH, Yeshua, not Yahshua; but Jesus's words. There is no life apart from him.
    Then Jesus went on to say:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Now three times Jesus said If you love me (JESUS), you will keep my commandments.
    1. What are the commandments of Jesus?
    2. Do you keep them?
    3. Do they include tithing?

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I asked the same question on my thread --keeping his commandments--NO ONE bothered to even suggest what the commandments were---but started in on bashing me and saying NO ONE could keep his commandments--and then you closed the thread before I could even ask that question again for some to answer.

BTW you can REJECT Psalm 68-4 all you want--BUT it is indeed the NAME of the FATHER---YAH !!!

13. Steadfast Fred

Those commandments must be whatever HW chooses to recognize as commandments.

If Jesus commanded tithing, it was of garden spices (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42) Notice that money was not mentioned in those things Jesus said were tithed.

Also, that tithe that Jesus said the scribes and Pharisees "ought to have done" was the tithe proscribed in the Mosaic Law.

Where was that tithe to be observed? and to whom were they to be given? In Israel.... to Levites. Does HW take a yearly journey to Israel to give those tithes to Levites? Probably not.

So once again, HW is trying to put a yoke of law upon us that he himself is unable to bear.

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I ask once again what are the COMMANDMENTS Yahshua said to KEEP if you LOVED HIM.

Surely you can read and can see he said to keep commandments---I asked what they were in my original thread--but all I get is bashing--

PLS state what you think they are referring unto ???

15. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Off topic. Make your own thread. Seriously, I'll join you. Just let's release this thread from the hijack...

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

that's my point--I did and received bashing instead of anyone actually getting to the point of what were the commandments that he was talking about.

instead of dealing with the question of the original thread all I got was bashing.

people here seem to think that since they don't have a understanding of something and cant provide a answer to a post--they must resort to bashing the person behind the thread instead..:tear::tear::tear:

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't play your games. I have asked you plainly and respectfully. This is not a game of "I asked you first," or "you answer my question first," etc. Nor do I expects smile icons for answers. Can you please just give an honest answer to the post.

18. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Well I didn't see that thread. However I'm quite sure your version of events is less than accurate. More likely many were able to soundly answer you, but as usual you didn't like the answers so you ignored them and just repeated your question. That seems to be your MO.

Anyway, No more hijacking the thread. If you create a new thread I'll join you. But I am done replying here to Off-OP post.

#78 RLBosley, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

answer to what ??

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.