1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would this be tithing?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Just as Yahshua said unto the devil is my answer to you.

It is written.man shall not live by bread alone,but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of YAH.

EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDITH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF YAH !!!

And I thank you for ordering me to give an answer and allowing others to bash instead of giving an answer to my thread you closed--you are a fair and Righteous judge to do so !!! :thumbs::thumbs:

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yahshua said no such thing. You can't prove that he did. Quote the verse that has his name.

Again let me say:

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Now three times Jesus said If you love me (JESUS), you will keep my commandments.
    1. What are the commandments of Jesus?
    2. Do you keep them?
    3. Do they include tithing?

What are the commands of Jesus?
    Is tithing one of them?
    Demonstrate how Jesus, and Jesus alone teaches tithing for the NT believer.

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

sorry if I don't have the proper training to answer your question according to how you think I should answer it.

I have answered in the only way that I know to answer---beside His apostle said we ought ourselves to walk even as he walked--and I answer as he answeres also.

NO dis-respect towards you---this is the only way I know to anser your questions

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The thread is on tithing. Did JESUS teach tithing.
    In John 14 it is JESUS speaking, not any other person.
    It is JESUS that said "if you love me you will keep my commands."
    Does that include tithing?
    Demonstrate your position through NT teaching; through the teaching of Jesus.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "sic 'em" DHK - evil Judaizers were damned in the early church and still damned today. Adding keeping Torah (ceremonial commands not moral law) is appalling false doctrine.

Thankfully, Jesus took care of Torah's demands.

To the Church in Colossae "And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—"Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch" (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings?

These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I just quoted you Yahshua's teachings--that EVERY WORD out of the MOUTH of YAH was for MAN to Live by--are you a MAN---then they are for you !!!

this is the only way I know to answer your question friend.

if we are to walk as Yahshua walked then we are to live BY EVERY WORD OUT of the MOUTH OF YAH as he did !!!

I cant get any plainer than that--that's the only way I understand to answer your question friend.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are either pretending not to understand or you are outright lying.
    Which one.

The truth is, and you know this truth:
    Yah, Yahsua, etc. are not found in the NT.
    The NT was written in Greek not Hebrew. God inspired the apostles to write his inspired words in the Greek language, making the names of Yah and Yahshua irrelevant when it comes to calling upon the name of the Lord for salvation.

I have already quoted to you many of these verses in the Greek language.
    You rejected them.

If you reject the name of Jesus you reject the salvation he offers.
    He himself said that salvation is through no other name but his.

If tithing is of the NT, then where did Jesus teach that NT believers should tithe? Show from the NT where this command should be obeyed.
    What are the commands of JESUS?

9. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Romans 16:17-18 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

This doctrine of Yah is not the doctrine that we have received. The doctrine we have receieved is

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

There is only one name given to us by which we obtain our Salvation... the name of Jesus. Not Yah, nor Yahshua, but Jesus as attested by the doctrine that we have received.

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

ALL due respect to you Mr. Bob--Yahshua said to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS IF YOU LOVED HIM.

I ask you kindly sir--what commandments was the Son of Yah talking about we should keep--and if we do not keep them--it means plainly we DO NOT LOVE HIM.

11. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. What kind of baptist is this HisWitness?

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please quote any verse in the NT where Yahshua said anything at all.

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

how am I causing divisions ??by simple stating a scripture the Son of Yah has said ???

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

well for your mis-understanding on the matter friend--ill start saying the Son of Yah to satisfy you. :thumbs::thumbs:

15. Steadfast Fred

He obviously belongs to a group identified as the NOB (Name Only Baptists)

The NOB label themselves Baptist, (maybe because they like the ringing of it in their ears) but do not adhere to the strict fundamentals that Baptists have believed for centuries.

16. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

You and those 3 letter acronyms!!

I was thinking BINO - Baptist In Name Only

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then quote me a verse that says the son of Yah in the NT.

18. Steadfast Fred

Maybe that is in second Hesitations? Oh wait, that isn't New Testament, is it?:tonofbricks:

19. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think HisWitness is a hyperpreterist.

I could be wrong, but if that is the case, I think he may be trying to force an argument that would lead to the hypepreterism issue. Most hyperpreterists believe that the New Covenant did not truly begin (except in "earnest" form) until A.D. 70. He may be criticizing those of us who don't believe that Christians in the body of Christ are required to tithe that we have no real basis to believe this unless we injest his form of preterism.

If I am wrong it is because I haven't been around enough lately to know HW well enough. I invite him to correct me.

By the way, I think my book addresses this topic. No requirement to "tithe" means you are free to buy tracts for your own use. Yes, we need to support our local assembly--and I do--but it is not in the form of a so-called "tithe" on income that is found nowhere in Scripture.

P.S. Dr. Bob is in the last chapter of my book. You go, Dr. Bob! :applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.