1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you as a parent....

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by menageriekeeper, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

One of the very most important principles that a parent can teach a child is that sin has consequences. The child who is raised to believe that his father will forgive him no matter what whether he repents or not may come to believe that the same is true God and consequently spend eternity in hell.

[​IMG]

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Well I said this wouldn't be easy....

I evidently wasn't clear. What I specifically wished compared Acts 10:15 and 2 Cor 6:17b.(I think I've arrived at an answer here, but I haven't been able to put it to words) And I still don't understand how you can apply verses about idol worship to marriage. I'll reread your post, it may be that I just didn't catch your answer the first time through.

Which should recieve our greater attention? Is it possible to do both at the same time in this case?

I agree. But we are not talking about children. We are talking about adults who just happen to be our sons and daughters.