1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you be heaven bound if?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by thjplgvp, May 6, 2006.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

It certainly doesn't mean to work for your salvation, if it did it would go against the rest of scripture.
    Just as we understand James to be saying to do good works not for salvation, but because of, this is what your verse means.
    If you ever had the oppertunity to work and earn your salvation, then Jesus died for nothing. Salvation has to be 100% Jesus or there is no salvation.

2. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

I don't know if Ananias and Sapphira are in heaven because I don't know if they had true faith. But, I do know that the Bible teaches us that God does chastize His children, as father does the son that he loves. I also know, that scripture does teach us that He sometimes chastizes them unto death.

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

In the passage referenced in 1 Corinthians, Paul was rebuking the Christians at Corinth for their behavior during the Lord's Supper... he says that because of their actions many were weak and sickly and many sleep... that would be speaking of physical death for a Christian.

So, God does chastize to the point of death. And, consider Samson in the OT. His sins resulted in him being chastized to the point of having his eyes put out and pushing a grinding stone! Yet, we see clearly from Hebrews chapter 11 that he is a saved man.

Salvation is not dependent upon us, it is a gift from God and it is ETERNAL... everlasting. You don't fall in and out of it...it's eternal! We are kept by God, not ourselves!

1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Romans 8:38-39
    38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

For those who might say, "Yeah, but you can seperate yourself"... I think self will fall under... "Nor any other creature"... If Jesus bought us, we belong to Him... PERIOD. He doesn't lose what He purchases! And neither did He pay half price... HE PAID IN FULL!

Thanks for asking this...I needed the reminder of just how complete my salvation in Jesus is!