1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you be the guest preacher?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Benjamin, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Yes. Do a study on the swine that are in that area of the world, and you won't find the rolling in the filth type; you will find the boar and javelina type; very vicious. An apt analogy for many worldly Christians today.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point! I would ask then if one were to rebuke a brother what would he rebuke him with? Which leads to the question about the significance of the preceding word “your” pearls; does it mean those heartfelt precious and spiritual thoughts that are "your" pearls that they will rend back on you, or all the instructional wisdom of God.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am not a Bible scholar, but I have always thought of "your pearls" as the gifts and the opportunities the Holy Spirit gives you to spread the Gospel and the love of Christ. Of course, that could include fruits of the Spirit, and your spiritual maturity. The point is, to spend resources on those that are avowed enemies of Christians and spend time at nights trying to figure out how to humiliate them, you are wasting yours and Gods time. Spend it on unbelievers merely because they are in need of a Savior.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

I'm off topic, but really when am I ever on topic.. ;) Cool Ed, I thought self and SALTCITYBAPTIST were the only cabbies around the BB. Great to see another has been through the valley of the shadow of drunks... ;) God bless mate [​IMG]

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh, the knowledge you two have first hand [​IMG]

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"Yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of downtown, I will fear no evil...Surely Troopers and 'Metro', and Sheriffs will follow me all the miles of my..."

Can't speak for them, but for myself, "You really ain't got no idear (sic)!" :confused: Or do you, based on your comment?? Hmmm! :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ed