1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you confront...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TaterTot, Aug 5, 2006.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Aaron, its not as you perceive. This woman has continually politicked and stirred mess. I have already said that I am going to let it go.

2. LarryV2.0

LarryV2.0 New Member

Thats a nice thought, but dose not apply to this situation, as i understand it.

TaterTot
    She has been confronted (by me) for her nosiness. I am leaving it alone for now - things are working out and I would rather not win the battle and lose the war.

If I understand it correctly, the woman is effecting others in the church and while you may be mature enough to (obviously not judging by your changing the way you tithe because of her) not be effective by her, there most likely are others who are being damaged by her.... are you mature enough to defend them?

The fact that you seen the need to confront her the first time shows that following up with step two is merited, if she has not mended her ways. As a mature Christian, who has an obligation to her and those who she is harming, you have the responsibility to go on to step two.

Step two is you taking along witnesses, who are mature enough to judge between the two of you, you may very well be the one who is out of line and you need to take along witnesses who are mature enough to make that call, if that be the case.

Please understand, I am not the one who came up with this and I was once in a comparable situation... I did what you are proposing to do, nothing, and the result was dozens of shipwrecked Christians whom could have been saved pain and spiritual setback, had I only done what Jesus said to do in the first place.