1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you give an interview?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watching TV news this AM
    One story is about the LGBTQ parade in New York City
    The other is about the New York Governor giving a dedication of a monument in honor of
    those lives lost in Orlando.

If you were asked by the TV news to give a rebuttal statement
    Would you do so?
    If so, what would you say -
    If not, why not.

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guarantee you Dr. Robert Jeffress will.
    Both are easy. The Word of God says this behavior is sin. While we desire to witness to and reach the sinner, we do not condone any sin and neither do we condone its glorification.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would they still be interested in an interview if you did not provide a rebuttal?

I don't know why anyone would complain about a monument to those who were murdered at the Pulse nightclub. One would have to consider those persons are subhuman to be against it.

Regarding the LGBTQ parades throughout the country, that does not warrant condemnation (John 3:17). It warrants a telling of the good news that God's call to those who experience same sex attraction can enter into the Kingdom of God and be transformed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ehbowen

ehbowen Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I might possibly consider it if the interview was aired live and unedited...but that's highly unlikely. I would expect that any secular news outlet would edit my words so as to portray me and the Gospel in the most unfavorable light possible.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably not. I've given a few newspaper interviews on non-controversial subjects, only to read it later and think, "I didn't say that!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. poor-in-spirit

poor-in-spirit Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting point you make here brother and it goes even deeper than that IMO:

Over my lifespan I can recall multiple news articles or book references to events I had first hand knowledge of. Not one time were the details of the events recorded correctly and in most cases even the headlines or titles were incorrect.

All of men's writings are unreliable at best, either slanted towards personal agendas or slanted out of full or partial ignorance of the event being recorded. One thing is certain however, anything authored, bound and sold by men is riddled with falsehoods including all the "religious" works of men discussed on forums like this.

Just an observation.

7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this cases of which I was thinking I believe ignorance of the subject was the primary problem -- but personal agendas for intentional slanting of news, topics, etc., is a very real problem!

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do we normally erect statues to mass shootings? Do we erect them on the opposite end of the nation from where it happened?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a police investigator, I read about my cases in the paper and admired the fiction in the newspaper reporter wrote. Seriously, they were usually about 75% wrong.

#9 Reynolds, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes.

[​IMG]

Not usually. But we have monuments for other types of traumatic events in places where they did not happen.

11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't have s problem with outside the night club, but halfway across the country? Is a monument to the Vegas shooting going to be beside it?

12. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The copy/paste below describes a monument crafted in Downeast Maine in memory of the 26 lives taken at Sandy Hook, though it is placed at/near the site of the Newtown murders.

The monument weighs 22,000 pounds, is 10 feet long and eight feet across. It currently resides in Ellsworth before it will make its trip to Connecticut next week.

Concrete base is mixed with mussel shells and features 26 stainless steel angels. The top is made of granite taken from Sullivan and has the names of the teachers and children killed at the school engraved in the stone. It also has LED lights and fiber optics to make it glow at night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I would attempt not to put myself in a position where I would be asked for a reply, If I could not avoid it I would politely reply. " I choose not to answer you because my views are in opposition to those just expressed and your request is asked merely to be provocative. Case Closed"

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then how will the reporter spin your response on the air?