1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would you know a demon possessed person if they stood before you?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 30, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. I've observed a casting out event.

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. I've assisted in casting out a demon.

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. I've actually prayed and cast out a demon.

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  6. Demons are no longer a part of the church scene.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Demons cannot possess a believer.

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  8. Demons cannot oppress a believer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then there is nothing I can do for you. Nonetheless, I have witnessed possession many times.

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I may be on ignore, and so this may not be seen. But this is a serious inquiry. What percentage of the population would you say is possessed?

To remain transparent, I will explain that I am asking to understand just how prevalent you believe demon possession to be. For ease, let's include oppression that you would could consider to manifest similarly to possession.

3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're not on ignore. There is no way we can know that.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Putting aside my skepticism at some of your accounts, for the following post I am going to assume you are being completely forthright and honest, so that I can continue to discuss this particular point. I still wish to discuss my incredulity at your accounts, but that is not the topic here.

I agree that there is no way that we can know what portion of the population is possessed/oppressed. However, you seem to have been involved in more accounts than the average pastor. Way more. From what I can piece together, you've posted about 5 different stories that you've been involved in. Assuming that there's more, even only double, that's roughly 10 accounts.

Most preachers will admit to maybe one incident in their entire ministry in which they believe a person was demon possessed. While you have seen 5, 10, 20 times more than that.

Do you have a theory as to why that is? It is intriguing on many levels, skepticism aside.

5. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You assumed rightly. Back in the 80's I began to pray for the power to convert those involved in the dark arts to Christ. That prayer began to be answered in 1988 and within a few years it became an avalanche of people needing help: New Agers, satanists, witches, and Hindu's came to me for help, usually after public seminars on the issue.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hold to something like either latter day rain, or Kingdom now theology?

That you are part of the 'restoration" of the church back to its pentacostal glory in Acts?