1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you knowingly do business with a Muslim business?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Johnv, Aug 24, 2009.

1. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

I would tell her that she should not plan to stay in a hotel on their next trip. Most hotels I've been to lately are either owned or managed by muslims or hindus.

That is just silly, how else can we be a witness to people unless we have some level of interaction. If you walk in their store and start preaching and laying tracts everywhere, they will have you thrown out. If on the other hand, you are a paying customer, they will entertain a conversation with you and even talk about religion (wise as a serpent, harmless as a dove principal).

#21 rdwhite, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
  2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, indeed! I've done just that numerous times, and it's frequently born fruit.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

My sister, a friend, and I ate at an Indian restaurant tonight as a late birthday celebration for my sister. On the way out, which we somehow missed on the way in, is a large statue of Ganesh, the elephant-headed Hindu god, with flowers and a bowl of something sweet offered to him. They clearly make offerings to Ganesh, probably for luck.

Probably even if something like this was not visible, when you eat at Indian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Afghan (quite a few here), etc. restaurants, you are probably eating in a place run not only by non-Christians but by those in other religions.

Seeing Ganesh makes me want to pray for the people who own and work (and some who eat) at the restaurant. These kinds of things are good triggers for prayer!

4. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have a problem with people shopping where ever they want to. However, I personally wouldn't do business with an Islamic business if they were pushing their beliefs on everyone. That's almost unheard of. If you go into a business & find they are selling vests laced with explosives, then you might want to reconsider where you shop at. Chances are they may want to recruit you.

In all seriousness, when I go shopping, I don't ask the business owners what their reliogion is. If I know that they are Christian owned & supportive business, then I will try to shop there.