1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would You Take the Mark of the Beast?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 14, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

since this is God's judgement on mankind, why have those who have already taken God's wrath through Christ on the cross going to be subject to His wrath? Will God's wrath be poured out on Christ again...because that is what it amounts to with us being IN Christ. God does not tempt us, and I believe with Him telling us what is to come would be just that given your scenario. Besides, we were told not to worry about what to say upon persecution, that His spirit will give us the words to say at that time. There really is nothing to prepare for, IMO. It could even be viewed as violating Phil. 4:6

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The idea that once saved we do not do sinful things is unbiblical. Thus the only "behavioral shibboleth" is the "practice of sin" or sinning without remorse. This suggests the person was never born again.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, it is just an article from a news letter I get, Worthy News, each day by email.

7. tomana

tomana Member

#27 tomana, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not necessarily so!

The tribulation is not judgment. It is a period of time that will come to earth prior to the great judgment.

It is not unlikely that the church will go through some form of persecution, so you may think you can avoid it be denying it, but, that doesn't necessarily make it so! I would just like all of us to be prepared. Maybe that's the Boy Scout in my coming out :smilewinkgrin:

As for Phil. 4:6, you could be taking that out of context, just a wee bit. And if you still want to use that verse, that you will have it to cover you and hold strong to during the tribulation. In fact, we will need to not worry about anything, but in fact, pray about everything, because if we do not take the mark, we will have nothing to worry about, because we will have nothing. We will be on our own Dog, and that means we'll need to pray VERY hard and long. :thumbs:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

you equate persecution to the GT. Believers are being persecuted today. More believers lost their lives in this century than all of history combined. Fact is...the GT is for Israel and an unbelieving world. Our wrath ended at calvary. We need to listen to Christ when He said His return will be similar to Sodom and the time of Noah. The righteous were spared all tribulation in both instances.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, Are You Facing the Loss of Life....

....for your faith? Why are Americans not being persecuted? And if we were, would we hold out in faith and die for Christ and what we believe? Beter yet, would you, hold out [be capable of doing so] should things change here, and we under go persecution?

I realize people are dying all around the world for Jesus, but, should we and Europe be exempt? I think [believe] there is a day, yet to be unleashed, where all Christians will face some kind of "life-or-death" persecution. Would the Dog be able to stand, or would his family be able to stand? That is my question. I know there is a difference between the GT and what I am asking.

I see a day coming. where we will face persecution, and I see a multitude of folks falling away, as God "thins the herd!"

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps they are not fulfilling the Great Commission and going to nations where then know that they will be persecuted for their faith. Everyone in America has the chance to hear the gospel if they want to. Not everyone in other countries do. Isn't it our obligation to tell them?

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not know where you are from, but there are plenty of places in Kentucky that would not hear the Gospel unless someone travels to their isolated areas.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

But they have "access": radio, TV, possibly internet, tracts, other written literature, Bibles from somewhere. There must be access to the gospel in Kentucky. I am sure there is.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I live in West Kentucky. I went on a mission trip to Eastern Kentucky last summer. There are isolated in the mountains, homes without power, and it is not unusual to have no TV or radio with power. You are correct. It was probably a bad comparison to say these folks are isolated like some of the peoples of Africa. I think people would be surprised how isolated some are.

Yes, it is our job to tell the whole would about Jesus. In fact, the only reason I can think of above that is worshipping and praising the Lord.

I cannot speak for other areas of the country, maybe Convicted could chime in, since he lives in a similar state where people are isolated, West Virginia.