1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wounded in Houston

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Dear Abby 21 Mar

DEAR ABBY: I recently began dating a dear friend of two years I'll call "Harry." We have discussed marriage, and he is keenly interested in having children. He was married to his ex-wife for 18 years and they had no children.

Abby, Harry's close relationship with his ex is making me uncomfortable. She lives five minutes away and they socialize at least twice a week. He had fought the divorce, but says he's relieved the two of them remain friendly.
    I love Harry dearly, but I have told him I think that I -- not his ex -- should be his best friend. He gently told me that is out of the question, and I can expect her to attend all family holiday celebrations and other functions.
    We ended our relationship as amicably as possible after he said his ex-wife laughed at my not wanting to be part of his "harem." I am devastated. Was I unreasonable? -- WOUNDED IN HOUSTON DEAR WOUNDED: Not at all. You have my sympathy, and you were right to end the romance. Harry is still too emotionally tied to his ex-wife to be married to anyone else. And she knows that, which is why she laughed.

Do you agree with Abby - what other advice would you give "Wounded"

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO, it's terrible that so many in our society are so:
    lacking in self confidence,
    so stupid,
    so enamored of others opinions, or
    whatever
    that questions like this one have to be asked!!!!

This does explain the '08 election though, and how the anti-christ will be able to seduce the masses to his charisma.

#2 just-want-peace, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011