1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wow, what an adventure! Or, why I've not been on the board for 3 weeks!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 5, 2017.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi everyone! I am back, but not back to feeling like me. I will write more later.

I want to bring you up to date, and let you know exactly what happen. 1) woke up 4/15 in dire pain, 2) went to Urgent Care, 3) given pain pills and sling, supposed to see my regular doc after seven days, 4) went to my doc on 4/19, on the way to nurses cubicle for taking my vitals, I collapsed, from low blood presure and low sugars, so the wheeled me down to ER, because arm was so bad, they secured an MRI, which showed them my shoulder full of fluid, 5) orthopedist surgeon diagnosed it as bacterial arthritist, 6) underwent emetgency surgery.

In an observation room while they waited for culture to return, 7) culture, on 4/23, showed a multiple bacteria colony that was a Staph, put in isolation for my safety and others, 8) started an eight week antibiotic regemine, 9) Shelly came to take me home on 4/27, but temperature spiked at 101.4, so I was readmitted. Thank God I was still in my hospital gown and in the isolation room, 10) couldn't go home until my temp was normal, so the days added up, 11) after running continuous temp, they decided I could go home if temp was under 99.9.

That finally happened, and last night I was discharged. Now I have a pick-line in the arm to IV Push the antibiotic that culture showed would best kill the staph germs.

It will take at least six weeks to knock this bug out, until that time I have weekly visits with Infectious Disease doctor, Internist, labs, home nurse twice a week.

Now here's what God did because of your prayers. This infection could have easily killed me with septic shock. PTL, God had a much better plan. I am far from being out of the woods, so please continue to pray the His hand be upon me.

Someone asked if I was scared? Most definitely. Still am, but faith has carried me this far, and I believe He didn't bring me this far this "bug" inside of me, to drop me by the side of the road, now. I need to avoid any high temps, chills, sore spots around the pick line ( permanent IV connect point), or the shoulder pain, like before surgery, returns. The shoulder is still painful, but not like before.

We have an awesome God who fearfully and wonderfully made us. And as His living temple, I have tremendous hope that He is greater then evil bug within me, and that just one word from His lips will heal.

Love you all!

• Prayers Prayers x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so sorry you have had to go through that ordeal. I will be praying with you for full recovery from your affliction and that God would somehow redeems the pain and struggle you have endured with a good testimony of faith and transformation of your character.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad that you are okay, RD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow! So glad that the doctors have you under good care. The PICC line is annoying but it is a great way to get the antibiotics in you cleanly. Please take care of yourself and get plenty of fluids and rest!

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Ann. I do plan to rest and catch up on sleep, 17 days in hospital left me with very little sleep, and my body is making up for those lost nights of sleep.

I pray all is well with you and your family, as I know, you've had your medical crisises too.